No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may take until morning, I'm assembling data. I'll probably wait to finish integrating 2018, I do have hitter & pitcher data (getting the playerids from the b-r html player links was a trick) and a set for my baseline.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Test.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Test.
        Test also
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          It's taken me 16 years to get first pick, I'm milking this shit for all it's worth bitches!
          I feel ya!

Comment

• so is there a spreadsheet that has most 2010 decade player updates ? Was the final VD12 reasonably complete or is this something we ought to be looking at ?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              so is there a spreadsheet that has most 2010 decade player updates ? Was the final VD12 reasonably complete or is this something we ought to be looking at ?
              When I build the SS, i'll update all the players that are already in the SS with BY's. But not a complete list, no.

By the sounds of it, CJ is working on a complete list? It'd be awesome if that was the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                so is there a spreadsheet that has most 2010 decade player updates ? Was the final VD12 reasonably complete or is this something we ought to be looking at ?
                Reasonably complete for the most attractive players? Yes. Fully complete for all reasonably draftable seasons? No.
                Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 01-08-2019, 06:14 PM.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• It's easy for me to produce all eligible stat lines for a given season (post-1988). Looking at our current spreadsheet, it seems like we were pretty thorough in adding names up through the 2011 season and trailed off after that. So I can look into adding for 2012-18.

It will take a bit of work to sort through those for seasons that should make the cut for the spreadsheet. There are currently just 4000 rows in the hitter best season table in our current spreadsheet. There are 3032 eligible seasons from 2012-18. We'd expect to want maybe 250 of those based on rates from previous seasons.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Reasonably complete for the most attractive players? Yes. Fully complete for all reasonably draftable seasons? No.
                    thanks, that's about what i thought it might be.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• BTW, Omar Infante 2013 data in the spreadsheet is incorrect.

Comment

• Hm, there are a few more seasons with errors. The three biggest errors are that Eric Young Jr.'s 2013 HR are off by 5, Omar Infante's 2013 PA were used for his AB (and consequently his AVG is wrong), and Freddie Freeman's 2013 AB were used for his PA. The others are all very minor errors in PA counts.

infanom01_2013
                        younger03_2013
                        altuvjo01_2017
                        goldspa01_2015
                        goldspa01_2017
                        troutmi01_2018
                        goldspa01_2013
                        andruel01_2017
                        machama01_2015
                        inciaen01_2017
                        freemfr01_2013

Comment

• Are we going with obp? It overwhelmingly won the poll, but I don't see it mentioned in the draft thread.

(the term "obp" is too short to search to find a clarifying post)
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Are we going with obp? It overwhelmingly won the poll, but I don't see it mentioned in the draft thread.

Yes we are going with OBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Minor thing but Rule 1a you can edit 2010-11 to be 2010-18.

Rule 3, do we still need a team career IP minimum with multi scoring?

Rule 4, our draft order selection process is slightly different, probably not that important to edit, though.

Rule 5a, OBP replaces AVG.

Rule 5b, are we doing "Multi plus 1" scoring?
                              And just in case you don't trust me, which hey I might not trust me either...

Comment

Are we going with obp? It overwhelmingly won the poll, but I don't see it mentioned in the draft thread.

Yeah obp. No Kos

Comment

Working...
                                X