*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Dues the analysys take into affect the average draft finish of each person picking? To say I only finished 5th when I had the first pick really isn't an indictment of its importance (or what not)... I aldi stunt care, just arguing so I can make a joke.
    I'm glad someone else aldi stunt cares as much as I do.

Comment

• This was from VD 1-15 on the old site.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I'll set the draft order today. We start the pre draft draft straight away, and hopefully get started Monday.

We'll just port over the VD 10 rules ... Exactly the same format and setup.

I like the idea of not being able to get a top 3 drafting slot in consecutive drafts, or even for the 2 consecutive drafts. But we can't keep putting up polls.

If there's consensus we can do that from the next draft.

So you can PM me the randomised name and number lists. Please post here which list youve sent so I don't get multiple versions. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

This was from VD 1-15 on the old site.
            I wonder if KS has charts on what we all eat for breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Yeah of course replacing WJ with any other pitcher will makes difference, but it's not the whole story. Did you account for the fact that the guys drafting at the end can effectively get 2 1st rounders. The guys drafting at the top often end up with 3rd round level 2nd picks.

It's an advantage, but over a whole draft, it really is only slight. We've done, what, 35 if these? If this was as big an issue, this would have come up a lot sooner.
              Not really worth arguing about. I agree the advantage is small compared to how well a person drafts.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Not really worth arguing about. I agree the advantage is small compared to how well a person drafts.
                I still like the top 3 slot proposal.

Comment

Yeah of course replacing WJ with any other pitcher will makes difference, but it's not the whole story. Did you account for the fact that the guys drafting at the end can effectively get 2 1st rounders. The guys drafting at the top often end up with 3rd round level 2nd picks.

It's an advantage, but over a whole draft, it really is only slight. We've done, what, 35 if these? If this was as big an issue, this would have come up a lot sooner.
                  Gotta say this was my favorite argument. The last pick of the first round plus the first pick of the second = 2 first rounders. The last pick of the second round plus the first pick of the third = 2 third rounders.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You can PM me the randomised name and number lists. Please post here which list you've sent so I don't get multiple versions. Thx
                    Maybe if I spell it randomized you guys will jump into action?

Heyelander
                    MookieTyme
                    TS Garp
                    Ken
                    mjl
                    The Feral Slasher
                    El Diablo
                    Johnny
                    Controller Jacobs
                    Frae
                    Kevin Seitzer
                    DMT
                    Revo
                    Hacko

------

1-14
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 01-04-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I sent #s
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        I sent #s
                        Not clear on what we are sending. Can someone post a random example for those of us who are ignorant to the process (I don't remember sending anything for VD12)

Comment

• I sent a list of names

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Not clear on what we are sending. Can someone post a random example for those of us who are ignorant to the process (I don't remember sending anything for VD12)
                            We just send first a list of draft participants in random order and then separately the numbers 1-14 in random order. Put them together and, voila, there's the draft order.

Edit: Looks like it was already taken care of by Frae and CJ.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I sent a list of numbers 1-14 in a random order, then frae sent a list of team names in random order. Currently Johnny is lining those two up to make sure I'm in the bottom half of the draft.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                                I sent a list of numbers 1-14 in a random order, then frae sent a list of team names in random order. Currently Johnny is lining those two up to make sure I'm in the bottom half of the draft.
                                I'm actually a little worried I'll get a top pick this time and then proceed to totally screw up the draft.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X