*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    AND people not updating their spreadsheets after the stats updates ... maybe.
    Sure, blame the victim
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Booked my PONY flight... wasn't sure about the money but I used miles, so I'm set.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Booked my PONY flight...
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Booked my PONY flight... wasn't sure about the money but I used miles, so I'm set.
          Unforgivable to miss a hanging "my little pony" reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Unforgivable to miss a hanging "my little pony" reference.
            Just teeing it up for seitzer.

Comment

• i sometimes accidentally read the mock draft discussion. It's a little more savage, and a lot less funny. Maybe they will right the ship.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                i sometimes accidentally read the mock draft discussion. It's a little more savage, and a lot less funny. Maybe they will right the ship.
                Ha, it got more funny when I accidentally posted there when I thought I was texting my daughter. Got to quit multi-tasking. At least I didn't send filthy pics or dirty jokes to my mom or something crazy. Who would even do that.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i sometimes accidentally read the mock draft discussion. It's a little more savage, and a lot less funny. Maybe they will right the ship.
                  The vintage draft discussions were more like that once upon a time. Either we've all mellowed with age or we've realized these things are as much for the social interaction as for the winning.

Or at least that's what I tell myself to console myself for my tenth-place finish.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

reads a lot like any RJEL "discussion"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      The vintage draft discussions were more like that once upon a time. Either we've all mellowed with age or we've realized these things are as much for the social interaction as for the winning.

Or at least that's what I tell myself to console myself for my tenth-place finish.
                      Yeah, I almost quit once when I made an obvious misspick and someone rejiggered my line up to make it legal and everyone voted to make me keep it. I think I was actually trying that draft and it really bummed me

Comment

I am still probably just as much of a dick as I used to be, perhaps slightly mellower now that I am with child, but I just try and keep it to myself more.

That's right, this is me "keeping it to myself". I'm like a heroin addict when it comes to arguing. It's not a great personal quality to possess but it did make for some fiery Vintage Draft interactions back in the day. One of the great shames of my RJ life happened when I opened my big, stupid mouth and spouted off without thinking and really upset someone I liked in the process.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Buying flowers for Valentine's day at a warehouse club... smart or cheesy?

Comment

Buying flowers for Valentine's day at a warehouse club... smart or cheesy?
                            Smart and cheesy
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You can have my VD 12 Participation trophy

Comment

Buying flowers for Valentine's day at a warehouse club... smart or cheesy?
                                Really depends on how the person receiving them will respond...try to figure that out
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X