No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Mets be losing, and replaced their pitching coach with VD-wannabe Phil Regan. (Did anyone ever draft him? I know I considered him at least once.) He is now the oldest pitching coach in baseball by 11 years over Brent Strom.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Da Mets be losing, and replaced their pitching coach with VD-wannabe Phil Regan. (Did anyone ever draft him? I know I considered him at least once.) He is now the oldest pitching coach in baseball by 11 years over Brent Strom.
      Apparently some dude named "eldiablo505"

Originally Posted by eldiablo505
      I am still unsure about whether picking Rollie Fingers so early was a good move or not. He had so many more career saves that I figured I could grab him and forget about that category until very late in the game and grab some of the cruddy relievers with a couple good seasons. I did end up grabbing Jim Brewer (a pick I kind of regret) and then [B]Phil Regan very late in the game. I had planned on one more closer in the Bob Lee mold but it started to appear that starting pitchers would work better for me. In the end, I end up with remarkably similar scores almost no matter who I pick for my last pitcher.

I just knew I shouldn't finish last in BY saves and sure enough I ended up with a measly one save above the last place guy ('twas you, Long John).
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Don't make Bob Lee the basis of your VD strategy.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Don't make Bob Lee the basis of your VD strategy.
          Dissapointing many Bob Lee fans
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Okay. Just had to exercise my DMBL muscles. They were getting a bit rusty.
            Dem muscles be languishing.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Doubtless "Moose" Bob Lee would not like being confused with "Spaceman" Bill Lee, like I just did in my head right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Dem muscles be languishing.
                Determined my bad lapse not be repeated

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I don't get this sim league at all. I've had some really nice teams the last few years that had all severely under-performed. This year I had my worst team ever. We keep 14, and I had maybe 10 at the most that would have been kept by other teams. My last 2 guys were people DMT told me, "I guess I'd keep them just to see if they rebound and are worth something next year (not likely with Odubal, asshole or Dozier, scrub). Then I go into the draft and pretty much butcher that as well. My Dodger dislike keeps me from drafting Muncy in the first round when I need a 3B. I don't even realize I need a 3B because I'm keeping Donaldson but don't realize he doesn't have the necessary ABs last year to qualify to play this year. My second round pick as a 4 round reach because I wasn't paying attention for a moment and spazzed and took the first guy on my list that was highlighted for potential interest at some point in the draft. I don't realize the 3B issue until maybe round 8. My pitching staff is all a bunch of 4/5 guys except Otani, who barely meets the requirements for the season. At some point I just started drafting for next year.

I'm leading my division and have the third best record (right behind dmt) in the 16 team league.
                  Dat might be luck.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Do maintain beneficiary listings.
                    Yeah, I may have to get married to simplify some of that
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Yeah, I may have to get married to simplify some of that
                      Does marriage beget little ones?

Comment

• Don't marry boring, lazy people.

Comment

• Do marry beautiful, loyal people.

Comment

• Dumbass married buck-toothed, lily-livered person.

Comment

• Donald married but lusted for others.

Comment

• Donald's misleading baldgriff--lifeforms from other planets have been found.

Comment

Working...
                                X