Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    It was fun, if you know what I mean.
    um, you have no idea what a field of land mines you just stepped in. I'll give you a bit of time to exit gracefully, in spite of your mischaracterizations. you are one step forward away from stepping on a really big one.

#BOOM
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      so my mom's house apparently has an invasion on tiny ants. besides shit-posting here I am amusing myself by putting out cups and saucers with a tiny amount of apple juice to trap them.
      I've been reading a book on the history of the Panama Canal. When the French were attempting to build the canal, apparently the ant problem in the Panama jungle was pretty bad. So they put everything in cups and saucers of water to keep the ants out. For example, the hospital where they treated the malaria and yellow fever cases put the legs of the hospital beds in cups of water. They didn't know they were breeding mosquitoes.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I suppose I could by some commercial right-wing death trap for them...or hire a trained killer. anyone got any good other ideas?
        Don't get yellow fever.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I've been reading a book on the history of the Panama Canal. When the French were attempting to build the canal, apparently the ant problem in the Panama jungle was pretty bad. So they put everything in cups and saucers of water to keep the ants out. For example, the hospital where they treated the malaria and yellow fever cases put the legs of the hospital beds in cups of water. They didn't know they were breeding mosquitoes.
          now you tell me
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

goats are cool. I was watching some nature show of goats in the alps the other day. They can climb rocks that would terrify you all.
            I'm scared just reading about it.

Comment

now you tell me
              Do you live in the jungle?

Comment

Do you live in the jungle?
                I hear you get a lot of rain up there.

Comment

Over the last few months as I've been at my parents, now mom's, house I have been reading a book about Lewis and Clark. It is really interesting. I never knew how much they relied on dog meat. One of the two actually threw a puppy in anger. True story.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I hear you get a lot of rain up there.
                    And I've heard that the mosquitoes up there are big enough that two of them together can carry away a grown man.

Comment

And I've heard that the mosquitoes up there are big enough that two of them together can carry away a grown man.
                      that's what I've heard, anyway

Comment

Over the last few months as I've been at my parents, now mom's, house I have been reading a book about Lewis and Clark. It is really interesting. I never knew how much they relied on dog meat. One of the two actually threw a puppy in anger. True story.
                        since i know i will be asked for a link

the indians brought us Capt. Clark's horse from the oposite side of the river and delivered him to us while here. this horse had by some accedent separated from our other horses above and had agreeably to indian information been in this neighbourhood for some weeks. while at dinner an indian fellow verry impertinently threw a poor half starved puppy nearly into my plait by way of derision for our eating dogs and laughed very heartily at his own impertinence; I was so provoked at his insolence that I caught the puppy and thew it with great violence at him and struk him in the breast and face, siezed my tomahawk and shewed him by signs if he repeated his insolence I would tommahawk him, ther fellow withdrew apparently much mortifyed and I continued my repast on dog without further molestation.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

the indians brought us Capt. Clark's horse from the oposite side of the river and delivered him to us while here. this horse had by some accedent separated from our other horses above and had agreeably to indian information been in this neighbourhood for some weeks. while at dinner an indian fellow verry impertinently threw a poor half starved puppy nearly into my plait by way of derision for our eating dogs and laughed very heartily at his own impertinence; I was so provoked at his insolence that I caught the puppy and thew it with great violence at him and struk him in the breast and face, siezed my tomahawk and shewed him by signs if he repeated his insolence I would tommahawk him, ther fellow withdrew apparently much mortifyed and I continued my repast on dog without further molestation.
                          hope you all are mortifyed
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i disagree
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i disagree
                              Don't get carried away.

Comment

The Feral Slasher does not endorse throwing puppies. Or tommahawking (sic) people. Enough said about that
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X