*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I love Big Sur. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
    Second time i have driven it in the last year. No slow driver in front of me this time which is nice. Time to pack up tje car and head north. i5 the whole way, wont be as nice
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Did you take 1/101 going southbound?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Did you take 1/101 going southbound?
        Yep. Both times
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Yep. Both times
          Lol, 1 southbound
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Second time i have driven it in the last year. No slow driver in front of me this time which is nice. Time to pack up tje car and head north. i5 the whole way, wont be as nice
            what day do you think you are passing through? Tomorrow?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              what day do you think you are passing through? Tomorrow?
              Depends on how slow the driver is in front of him.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• People drive really fucking fast in california. I like it.

At least on the highway. Big Sur is hit and Moss
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

People drive really fucking fast in california. I like it.

Too lazy to fix the typo. Plus it is hard to do while i am.drivimg 85mph
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

They do! I like driving in CA on the freeways. Hell, I like driving San Fran and LA, even. Here in NM people go fast, slow, whatever so long as it's shitty. No blinkers, slowly wading between lanes, forcing multiple lanes to stop while you attempt to cross over to the other side of a 6 lane thoroughfare. Plus, we are a pretty drunk people as well.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

That reminds me there was a seafood place in Moss Landing that I really liked. No idea if that is what you were going to type.

Now I have to go look up the name of the place.

Comment

That reminds me there was a seafood place in Moss Landing that I really liked. No idea if that is what you were going to type.

Now I have to go look up the name of the place.
                        My younger daughter and i went on a whale watching boat out of moss landing a year ago. When we stopped in Monterey the other day it was so clear i could see the giant smokestacks at moss landing. It rained in LA this morning and with less traffoc than usual it was amazingly clear. It was hard to believe i was in los angeles
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Another interestimg thing. On I5 today 80 to 90 percent of traffic north of LA was trucks. Maybe that is normal, but it was impressive. Coming out of the mountains we saw a line of trucks literally 20 miles long. Bless those guys they are keeping us all supplied
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Might be hypocritical to say, but as I drive around delivering food, I'm not very impressed with placer county's shelter in place efforts. Still a ton of cars on the road.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Might be hypocritical to say, but as I drive around delivering food, I'm not very impressed with placer county's shelter in place efforts. Still a ton of cars on the road.
                              It should reduce traffic somewhat, I hope, but I wonder how much?

Car trips my family has made this week:
                              Monday - trip to grocery
                              Thursday - trip to vet (vet meets you in parking lot and takes your animal inside)
                              Thursday - trip to local hiking trails
                              Friday - trip to pharmacy
                              Friday - trip to grocery

I might be forgetting one or two that happened earlier in the week. There aren't any trips to school in there, but otherwise, I'm not sure if we have actually cut down on the number of trips. But we have definitely cut down on our interaction with other people in public spaces.

Comment

It should reduce traffic somewhat, I hope, but I wonder how much?

Car trips my family has made this week:
                                Monday - trip to grocery
                                Thursday - trip to vet (vet meets you in parking lot and takes your animal inside)
                                Thursday - trip to local hiking trails
                                Friday - trip to pharmacy
                                Friday - trip to grocery

I might be forgetting one or two that happened earlier in the week. There aren't any trips to school in there, but otherwise, I'm not sure if we have actually cut down on the number of trips. But we have definitely cut down on our interaction with other people in public spaces.
                                I only left the house once this week. Made it back tonight .
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X