*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm definitely feeling cool today.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I'm definitely feeling cool today.
      Someone turned the thermostat in the office, er....I mean, the cafeteria, way down last night.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• It's probably as cold here as it is halfway up Mt. Rainier.

Comment

• One of my favorite political moments of my adult life was when Paul Ryan said Rage Against the Machine was his favorite band and Rage just absolutely destroyed him in response. Imagine being like "Man, I love Led Zeppelin so much!" and Robert Plant comes out and tells the world what a huge douchebag you are.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• “I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta ‘rage’ in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he’s not raging against is the privileged elite he’s groveling in front of for campaign contributions.” - Tom Morello, guitarist for RATM
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• A couple years later, Paul Ryan claimed RATM actually wasn't ever one of his favorite bands and that he totally preferred Led Zeppelin. Lol, spineless little wussbag.

Comment

• There is a long and delicious list of conservative clowns professing their love for musicians who, in turn, shred them to pieces. Chris Christie got mocked by his hero, Bruce Springsteen, in front of millions. Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush the list goes on. I mean, is there even a single good "conservative" band out there? Ted Nugent fans, profess your love!

Comment

• Kid Rock?!?!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So, of all the prospect lists out there, how many actually do their own primary research into the prospects? I mean, tons of lists have latched onto the Red Sox / Brusdar Graterol medicals situation and have bumped him down. However, I really doubt most (any?) have actually seen his medicals, much less seen him perform live. I mean, is it just groupthink in action or actually helpful?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      So, of all the prospect lists out there, how many actually do their own primary research into the prospects? I mean, tons of lists have latched onto the Red Sox / Brusdar Graterol medicals situation and have bumped him down. However, I really doubt most (any?) have actually seen his medicals, much less seen him perform live. I mean, is it just groupthink in action or actually helpful?
                      All of them are somewhat dependent on their connections with clubs and thus subject to some groupthink, but the best ones do a good job of filtering that plus seeing some prospects on their own. There's no way one person or two people can cover all the prospects in pro ball and the draft with in person scouting. Major league teams employ dozens of people to accomplish that.

Comment

• And no, presumably none of them have seen a player's medicals. Only the two teams involved in the trade and the player himself should have access to those. That's followed pretty well. There are obviously HIPAA laws around that, too, which would provide potential legal penalties it that wasn't followed.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Didn't realize that was a colloquialism.
                          We tend to use gopher here... go for coffee, go for supplies, go do this and that.

The interviewer (Terry Gross) stopped him (presently out of curiosity) and asked what it meant. He was surprised a bit as well and then made the gopher reference.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Someone turned the thermostat in the office, er....I mean, the cafeteria, way down last night.
                            Check to make sure no one left the freezer open

Comment

Imagine being like "Man, I love Led Zeppelin so much!" and Robert Plant comes out and tells the world what a huge douchebag you are.
                              That would be fuckin' awesome if Robert Plant made fun of me. Highlight of my life

Comment

I like it !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X