Page 29 of 438 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Big Leaguer
    weird, didn't get an email notification from hacko sending me a message. anyway. busy a bit with meetings (since I got promoted my days in the office are a bit more packed) but will try to have an opinion, but it might not be until tonight. at least this delay will only happen every two rounds!
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Big Leaguer
    btw, not that I think it's worth changing (though if we do I demand a recount for VD12), but bbref now has Radbourn with 60 wins in 1884, not 59.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Because sacrifice bunts (SH) are excluded from the denominator of OBP, but they are included in PA. I wondered why my calculations (using the PA column) weren't matching BB-Ref OBP numbers, and it turns out that's why.
    Ahhh - gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    It's a good pick. I likely would have taken him if he'd made the turn back to me.
    it was bonds, xxx, arod or mays for me... guess I picked the worst.
    Last edited by heyelander; 01-10-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I'm glad someone else aldi stunt cares as much as I do.
    missed this... ha!

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    missed this... ha!
    spent a month in Europe this summer, from my experience Coop and SPAR were better than Aldi. Just one Slasher's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Was thinking of streaming Civ 6 again, with the new DLC coming out soon. But I always end up disappointed. It's so slow and ponderous. I wish they'd just finish with the game and let the modding community build a proper game out of it.

Civ 6 had a lot of good ideas, but the implementation is sketchy, and the gameplay experience is terribly lacking. The AI sucks. Warfare is terrible after the early game.

Just finish with the game so we can fix your shit Firaxsis.
    I've tried to find some game that would hold my interest while I've been out of work, but I haven't found anything yet...

Diablo III - Really no story to speak of... just lootz but that's no fun solo really.
    State of Decay II - Little Story to speak of, hard to get invested, they added a bunch of cutsie shit (half the characters you find that you can add to your colony are furries) that destroys the grim mood of the original
    Fallout 76 - Enough said
    Sims 4 - Entertaining for about 2 generations then redundant
    Civ IV - Too much going on? Whenever I run out of land to expand into, I just want to start a new game.
    Just D/Led Witcher 2 the other night and started playing. It's not bad, but pales to Witcher 3

I've tried to find some game that would hold my interest while I've been out of work, but I haven't found anything yet...

Diablo III - Really no story to speak of... just lootz but that's no fun solo really.
    State of Decay II - Little Story to speak of, hard to get invested, they added a bunch of cutsie shit (half the characters you find that you can add to your colony are furries) that destroys the grim mood of the original
    Fallout 76 - Enough said
    Sims 4 - Entertaining for about 2 generations then redundant
    Civ IV - Too much going on? Whenever I run out of land to expand into, I just want to start a new game.
    Just D/Led Witcher 2 the other night and started playing. It's not bad, but pales to Witcher 3
    Divinity Original Sin 2 is unbelievably great, especially if you want to sink some serious time into it.
    No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Divinity Original Sin 2 is unbelievably great, especially if you want to sink some serious time into it.
    Decent solo?

Decent solo?
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005