Page 14 of 366 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    I sent #s
    Not clear on what we are sending. Can someone post a random example for those of us who are ignorant to the process (I don't remember sending anything for VD12)

I sent a list of names
    If you fail to plan you plan to fail

12TO Champion 2007 2008 and 2010

Pittsburgh Proud

So when you try to hurl the word 'liberal' at my feet, as if it were dirty, something to run away from, something that I should be ashamed of, it won't work, because I will pick up that label and wear it as a badge of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Not clear on what we are sending. Can someone post a random example for those of us who are ignorant to the process (I don't remember sending anything for VD12)
    We just send first a list of draft participants in random order and then separately the numbers 1-14 in random order. Put them together and, voila, there's the draft order.

Edit: Looks like it was already taken care of by Frae and CJ.
    "I am opposed to 'right to work' legislation because it does nothing for working people, but instead gives employers the right to exploit labor." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I sent a list of numbers 1-14 in a random order, then frae sent a list of team names in random order. Currently Johnny is lining those two up to make sure I'm in the bottom half of the draft.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Quote Originally Posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    I sent a list of numbers 1-14 in a random order, then frae sent a list of team names in random order. Currently Johnny is lining those two up to make sure I'm in the bottom half of the draft.
    I'm actually a little worried I'll get a top pick this time and then proceed to totally screw up the draft.

I had an idea that I'm reluctant to mention, but I guess I will. For a future draft maybe we would only snake the order one time. So the team that picks first in the first round would pick last in all the rest. I'm not sure which draft position would have the advantage, which I think is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I had an idea that I'm reluctant to mention, but I guess I will. For a future draft maybe we would only snake the order one time. So the team that picks first in the first round would pick last in all the rest. I'm not sure which draft position would have the advantage, which I think is a good thing.
    We had discussed doing the last round of the draft blind (I can't remember exactly what was proposed) so that no one would be in the role of kingmaker and so that the folks at the very end of the draft didn't have much more information than those at the beginning.
    "I am opposed to 'right to work' legislation because it does nothing for working people, but instead gives employers the right to exploit labor." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    We had discussed doing the last round of the draft blind (I can't remember exactly what was proposed) so that no one would be in the role of kingmaker and so that the folks at the very end of the draft didn't have much more information than those at the beginning.
    I like that idea

I mean, if we have 14 drafters and #1 and #14 are vying for the top spot at the end of the draft, one or the other will have a pretty big advantage (depending on whether we end on an even-numbered or odd-numbered round).

Big Leaguer
    I really like that idea, even though I'm sure it hurts me and the other chumps who don't know how to project other teams.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.