No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to 3rd in run differential in RJEL, 150% of my division leader and still stuck in 10th out of 16 teams
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      on a better note:

We watched a few classic episodes before my daughter headed to college. The supernatural musical episode is soooooo fun
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• How are you doing, heyelander, with all the fires around?
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I see there's a fire in Yuba County, but hopefully that's north of you enough that you're not in danger.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I see there's a fire in Yuba County, but hopefully that's north of you enough that you're not in danger.
            yeah, that's a good bit north. Air quality was okay last week, but the wind kicked up yesterday and the sky went grey. My cousin's have been sending pictures from SF today and the sky is orange. You can smell the fires in the air again, but nothing for me to worry about right now.

Headed out to the coast over the weekend, and will go past one of the lightning complex fires, but it's 95% contained right now. I'll take pictures if I see any effects.

Comment

yeah, that's a good bit north. Air quality was okay last week, but the wind kicked up yesterday and the sky went grey. My cousin's have been sending pictures from SF today and the sky is orange. You can smell the fires in the air again, but nothing for me to worry about right now.

Headed out to the coast over the weekend, and will go past one of the lightning complex fires, but it's 95% contained right now. I'll take pictures if I see any effects.
              I have lots of ash on my car and it is a weird yellowish light and gray sky. Did not actually see any fires but it was smoky from Portland to L.A.
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Portland to L.A. is 1000 miles. What the hell are we going to do if a functional govt is not restored
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Hopefully I have not posted this the last two tries - who is this
                  Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Looks a little like Cobb, but it's a rhb and looks like the uniform has an "LD" in the name? I guess maybe the image could be flipped so could be a lhb, can't figure out if the assymetrical stance would rule that out

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Looks a little like Cobb, but it's a rhb and looks like the uniform has an "LD" in the name? I guess maybe the image could be flipped so could be a lhb, can't figure out if the assymetrical stance would rule that out
                      If the image was flipped, that D becomes a backwards D.

Gotta be a rhb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        Looks a little like Cobb, but it's a rhb and looks like the uniform has an "LD" in the name? I guess maybe the image could be flipped so could be a lhb, can't figure out if the assymetrical stance would rule that out
                        Not sure if it helps, but when I asked Bing to search for the photo online it came up with this:

or this

Comment

• Is that a CLEVELAND across the chest?

Comment

• Nap Lajoie, or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Is that a CLEVELAND across the chest?

Are you looking at the first picture I posted or the second one... because there's no Cleveland on the first one.
                              Last edited by heyelander; 09-10-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Are you looking at the first picture I posted or the second one... because there's no Cleveland on the second one.
                                My spam filters don't like whatever Russian hacker site the first one is on; can't see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X