No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't tell Mith but this is a beast of a Rush cover (I do like the older "we're shitty libertarians" Rush but not much newer) with dudes from Tool and Mastodon and Coheed and Cambria and even Les Claypool from Primus:

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• There is no good answer for sports when the broader society is not doing what is necessary to control the spread of the virus, just like there is no good answer for school.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        There is no good answer for sports when the broader society is not doing what is necessary to control the spread of the virus, just like there is no good answer for school.
        Go bubble or go home, I guess.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Go bubble or go home, I guess.
          Bubbles without strip clubs are futile.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Bubbles without strip clubs are futile.
            Who wants lap dances from the same 6 strippers, 10 nights in a row? You might as well be married!
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Who wants lap dances from the same 6 strippers, 10 nights in a row? You might as well be married!
              That means then just 1 dance for the whole week you go. The other days you are just waving bills at them hoping to get a dance!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Ya gotta make some sacrifices!
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  so someone exposed this weekend would possibly not test positive until much later this week. On MLB.com it said they expected test results for Phillies and Marlins late tonight and will then make a decision. Am I missing something...or are they not making any sense at all ?

Hours after Major League Baseball postponed games in both Miami and Philadelphia following a number of positive COVID-19 tests for members of the Marlins, Commissioner Rob Manfred addressed the current situation and the league’s plans going forward in an interview with Tom Verducci on MLB Network. Manfred announced that the

MLB expects to receive test results from the Phillies and Marlins late Monday night, at which time the league will determine how those teams will proceed. The Phillies were set to host the Yankees on Monday night, but the game was postponed out of an abundance of caution.

EDIT - not directed to you, don't expect you to answer, just thinking out load and hoping there is something i am not understanding
                  looks like Phillies possibly not playing until Friday at the earliest, unconfirmed of course.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This GOP coronavirus stimulus package is the most offensive piece of crap imaginable. They actually earmarked over $686 million just for F-35 jets in new Pentagon money. A billion for maritime surveillance jets. Hundreds of millions more just for weapons. Because when faced with 40-50 million unemployment claims and a similar amount of upcoming evictions, the most important thing is to give the military as much money as possible while simultaneously slashing unemployment funds.

Comment

• And cops in Wisconsin are pulling out of the Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee because Democrats banned the use of tear gas and pepper spray (both banned internationally for use in warfare for god's sake) on citizens by police. What. The. Fuck.

Comment

This GOP coronavirus stimulus package is the most offensive piece of crap imaginable. They actually earmarked over $686 million just for F-35 jets in new Pentagon money. A billion for maritime surveillance jets. Hundreds of millions more just for weapons. Because when faced with 40-50 million unemployment claims and a similar amount of upcoming evictions, the most important thing is to give the military as much money as possible while simultaneously slashing unemployment funds.
                        fortunately no Dems would ever support extra money for the military, amirite ?
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

they have just fucking rolled over the last 5 months. But they are, in fact, preferable to an orange clown
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I guess you could "both sides" this thing, too. Not really what I'm inclined to do with this thing at all, personally, given the obvious and overwhelming differences between the two parties' proposed bills on this topic. Honestly, this kind of shrugging of the shoulders is very counterproductive.

Comment

I guess you could "both sides" this thing, too. Not really what I'm inclined to do with this thing at all, personally, given the obvious and overwhelming differences between the two parties' proposed bills on this topic. Honestly, this kind of shrugging of the shoulders is very counterproductive.
                              whatever...if you think it will get better with the Dems that's fine. I'm sure Biden is just waiting to cut the military budget
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

whatever...if you think it will get better with the Dems that's fine. I'm sure Biden is just waiting to cut the military budget
                                my issue is the Dems just let it happen...or actually want it to happen. The whole first coronavirus bill was a huge give away to corporations. They didn't fight it at all, from my perspective. ok, I'll shut up now.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X