Page 484 of 505 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 5048

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Or how about “identity politics”, which is universally used by right wingers when people of color dare speak out. Of course, it is never applicable to actual racists like Donald Trump or Steve King. If RJ is any guide, it’s most often employed by the libertarian “both side” wingnuts.

Colin McHugh enters the matrix:

they are talking about shutting my power down tonight for as much as 5 days. High winds and hot, dry weather make the fire risk very high. One map has us out of the danger zone, but we got a notice that our zip code was in the target area. we shall see.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    they are talking about shutting my power down tonight for as much as 5 days. High winds and hot, dry weather make the fire risk very high. One map has us out of the danger zone, but we got a notice that our zip code was in the target area. we shall see.
    Wow, 5 days is a really long time to go without power. What options do you have, any friends or family close by that you can stay with? How can we help?

Hope you stay powered up. How hot is it, it was crazy hot in South San Francisco and the beach last weekend.
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Eh, my only concern would be all the food in my freezer. Weather is okay, the wind will keep things cool. I can't imagine it will be worst case.

Fire season is going to suck

Time to invest in a generator. Stay safe!

I think we are in the clear.

Just hope the shut downs work and fires aren't that bad this year.

I think we are in the clear.

Just hope the shut downs work and fires aren't that bad this year.
    JUst hope you don't miss the season premier of you know what
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Mmmm....ken's steak sauce