*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I categorically deny keeping my liver under a rock. So how do you like the air fryer ? I'm a bit intrigued since you made me look into it.
    Ha

It's decent... huge and heavy though. It makes decent fried food without tasting saturated in oil. Onion rings last night were good. Home made french fries were good as well.

I was never much into frying things, so she's a lot more excited about it than I am. I'm more into my sous-vide. Made the best Tri-tip I ever had this weekend. 133.5 degrees for 8 hours, and then 1 minute sear on each side. Yum!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Ha

It's decent... huge and heavy though. It makes decent fried food without tasting saturated in oil. Onion rings last night were good. Home made french fries were good as well.

I was never much into frying things, so she's a lot more excited about it than I am. I'm more into my sous-vide. Made the best Tri-tip I ever had this weekend. 133.5 degrees for 8 hours, and then 1 minute sear on each side. Yum!
      133 too bloody, 134 too tough ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        133 too bloody, 134 too tough ?
        134 too tough

133 food poison

Comment

134 too tough

133 food poison
          133.5 - Don't make beef life-threatening !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I quit liking the Patriots once they switched from these helmets to the current abomination. Right about the time they started winning.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

RJEL Girl suggested I brag to all of you that I (we) now have the "Rolls-Royce" of air fryers.

Jealous much?
                A few months ago I bought the "Air Fryer" of Rolls-Royces!

Comment

I'm teaching my oldest daughter to drive. I know I was a terror when I first was learning to drive, so I have told myself I would be patient with my children. And mostly I think I am doing pretty well with that. But wow, it sure is something to ride in a vehicle where your child is in control.

My daughter is doing better than I did. We were out driving a few evenings ago, and a guy ran a red light right in front of her. She managed to slam on the brakes and avoid T-boning his car by about 10 feet. So that was good.
                  Took my youngest out to the parking lot for her first drive. No yelling, no tears, no dents, no crash. It's Miller Time !!!
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    A few months ago I bought the "Air Fryer" of Rolls-Royces!
                    Lol. I have no idea what this means, but I like it.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Kev, girl wants to know:

What was the little pulsing gun vibrator that pederson was using in his arm in the HR contest
                      What were the clear strips on the back of his neck

I'm assuming there are baseball things

Comment

Kev, girl wants to know:

What was the little pulsing gun vibrator that pederson was using in his arm in the HR contest
                        What were the clear strips on the back of his neck

I'm assuming there are baseball things
                        I don't have any idea.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Don't make baseball like other sports with their fancy gadgets. Rub some dirt on it, and you're good to go.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I don't have any idea.
                            It looked like he was using an even fancier one of these on his biceps after each round:

Comment

• Here's a story on the neck things...

Joc Pederson sent baseballs flying out of the park at Monday's Home Run Derby, and he also sent conspiracy theories flying on Twitter at the same time.

Guesses (aside from skittles disease and matrix plug-ins)

Acupuncture Bead stickers:

or
                              "They appear to be tens unit patches. It’s a machine that uses electrical current to rehab damaged muscles"
                              Last edited by heyelander; 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

It looked like he was using an even fancier one of these on his biceps after each round:

https://hyperice.com/hypervolt?gclid...0aAu8FEALw_wcB
                                The girl or the electrical appliance?

Comment

Working...
                                X