*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    But, seriously, what better man would you want in charge?
    Kevin Seitzer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Kevin Seitzer
      I cannot tell a lie. I stole Bernie's fridge.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        I cannot tell a lie. I stole Bernie's fridge.
        No, not you, Kevin Seitzer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Man, I feel a deep sense of sadness after watching that video. It's so crazy to have such an unbelievably terrible human being at the helm right now. Everything is upside down and wrong.
          Delightful Man, Benevolent Leader !!
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No, not you, Kevin Seitzer.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Carbon seltzer
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Seltzer al Carbon
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Seven Keitzer

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The US tariffs on China have been paid almost entirely by US importers: IMF study

U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods are hurting an unintended target as the trade war with China rages, an International Monetary Fund study finds.

So much winning! In your face, nose!

Comment

Back in the ER and going through all these same memories again.

Thought we were past this but looks like once a year is the new norm. Intense green vomiting (yes just like the exorcist) extreme stomach pain and bloating, frequent diarrhea (although she has not had a solid bowel movement ever), incontinence, etc. About to start rectal irrigations which is exactly as pleasant as it sounds. It could be worse, I know some kids are worse off. Our friends also came in to the hospital today too but they found out their son has lymphoma. They are 1 floor above us here in the hospital.

If your kids are well be thankful!

Sorry I’m so glum, I promise I’ll be normal in a couple days when we get out of here. Nothing worse than seeing kids suffer.
                      Wishing you the best - I am about to get my 6th Grandkid in 2 weeks from my middle daughter (who I thought would never have one) - she is a Nurse in the Baby delivery ward so she has seen all that bad. I always hope for a healthy child don't care if it is a boy or a girl.

Comment

The US tariffs on China have been paid almost entirely by US importers: IMF study

U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods are hurting an unintended target as the trade war with China rages, an International Monetary Fund study finds.

So much winning! In your face, nose!
                        100 years from now you may have a different opinion
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So anyone reading any good books out there in VD world? I've been blazing through a bunch of sci-fi series mixed in with some other random stuff here and there. Here are some recommendations of awesome books I've read recently:

Lonesome Dove --- how the fuck did not ever read this before? Just a hell of a book. Do yourself a favor and read it. Good characters, nice pacing, but just a really, really cool backdrop for the whole story.

Red Rising Trilogy by Pearce Brown --- I am actually just finishing this series (there's now a 4th book, too) for the third time. Best sci-fi series I've ever read, hands down. Kind of Hunger Games-ish but oh so much much more. I fucking LOVED this book. Of course, there's a good deal of revolutionary, fight the man type of stuff so perhaps it's not a huge surprise I'd love it.

Skyward Trilogy by Brian Sanderson --- Anyway, this is just pretty easy reading young adult-y stuff, I guess. Kind of filler but great page turners with cool concepts. I liked the books a good deal. Recommended for sure.

The Blade Itself (The First Law Trilogy) by Joe Abercrombie --- What's up with these sci-fi nerds and their trilogies? This one is far more on the brutal side of things. Shit goes down and goes down extremely hard in the First Law books. Crazy cool idea for a story with a totally blow your mind ending. These were just great books.

James Potter - some mega fanfiction from the Potter universe. I assumed it would be dumb because, I mean, fanfiction? WTF? It started off very strong. But I slowly realized that while the pacing and descriptions are quite similar to JK Rowling's style, it's like getting that weird fake tomato shit on your pizza instead of the real thing. Or getting carob instead of chocolate. I mean, at the very first it's sort of like "yeah, this is kind like a pizza! or yeah, this is a little chocolatey!" But then several bites in you realize you just have a facsimile of the real thing and even though it's kinda close, it quickly becomes hard to palate.

Life of Pi --- a re-read that I blazed though in like two days. Hell of a book. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Thanks for the list - I just got the first book of RED Rising _ and will start reading it. Just started a new job working the 4 am to 1 shift so I can go back into coaching - so I scale way back on my TV coverage and want to get back into reading more.

I assume you read all of Game of throne books.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                            Thanks for the list - I just got the first book of RED Rising _ and will start reading it. Just started a new job working the 4 am to 1 shift so I can go back into coaching - so I scale way back on my TV coverage and want to get back into reading more.

I assume you read all of Game of throne books.
                            Yeah, I've read 'em. Thank god for the show, seems like George RR Martin may never finish the book series.

Comment

• Ken man, dude, all my thoughts and prayers
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X