No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seitzer posted a list of best-to-worst letter rankings somewhere recently. Anyone know where that is?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Seitzer posted a list of best-to-worst letter rankings somewhere recently. Anyone know where that is?
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I thought I'd do a ranking of the letter strength in this format, with some commentary:

B - strong letter all around, both early in the draft and late, and flat out dominates in hitting
      C - also a strong letter all around, early and late, stronger in hitting than pitching
      M - strong letter both early and late, the strongest letter in pitching but still very good in hitting
      S - also very strong, moreso in the second half of the draft, and somewhat stronger in pitching but still solid in hitting

W - a pitching letter all the way and a better second half performer, but still solid enough in hitting to rank in the top five
      R - a better first half performer but still solid in second half of draft, stronger in hitting
      G - solid all around
      H - a little stronger early on the hitting side and later on the pitching side

K - surprisingly strong in pitching in the second half of the draft, also solid in hitting throughout
      D - an early performer with mediocre second half performance, and hitting all the way, pitching is weak
      P - weak early but solid in the second half, a balanced letter that maybe leans a little to pitching
      J - stronger in pitching and one of the weakest "regular" letters in hitting, mediocre throughout the draft once the Big Train is gone

F - mediocre letter throughout after a few good early hitters
      T - decent hitting letter especially in the second half, but very weak on pitching
      A - strong early on hitting and then very weak throughout the second half of the draft on both sides
      L - hitting is okay in the first half of the draft but this letter is weak throughout after that, though the mediocre depth is extensive making this a good letter to save for late

O - some strong hitters early and then nothing on either side of the ball after that, plays like a regular letter early and then firmly in the OVEN after that

V - balanced crap throughout the draft on all sides
      N - there are some palatable pitchers here throughout, but hitting is a QUIZY-like wasteland
      E - the only thing good to say about this letter is that it's not barren like a QUIZY. I hate getting caught with an E hitter late.

Y - the best of the QUIZY, which is damning with faint praise, some decent hitters early, better for hitters than pitchers throughout

Z - the second best of the QUIZY, with some pitchers you can stomach late
      I - bad, leans toward more palatable hitters and a few pitchers
      U - bad, just bad, some okay hitters early and then not much
      Q - bad all around, devoid of hitting talent, on the pitching side it's Quiz early and a few palatable pitchers in the end game

it's right here
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I can't bring up the topic of hitchhikers in my house anymore since every time I do my wife looks like she's about to slap me.
        Just part of the kink
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Letters are nice, but I remember those, I need decades

Comment

All right, mother%%%%ers. Time to set the %%%%ing record for most posts in a %%%%ing thread on this new %%%%ing forum. Who the %%%% is with me? Slasher, get postin'.

Cunt cofeve tits hamberder
            And thus it began...
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I plan to draft Tits Hamberder in VD14. cant talk about in that thread though
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Better than Cunt Cofeve, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I plan to draft Tits Hamberder in VD14. cant talk about in that thread though
                  Noted.

Comment

Conan O'Spanker
                    May also get drafted
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Also I'm a quasi-libertarian who thinks that giving Amazon lots of money is pragmatic, but giving people health care is the same as killing people who wear glasses. It may seem weird, but it's just what I believe.
                      I will bump just so u know where i stand
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This whole pandemic thing really should put to bed any argument against the Internet as a public utility.

Comment

This whole pandemic thing really should put to bed any argument against the Internet as a public utility.
                          Employer based healthcare isn't looking real strong either. I wont believe anything will change until i see it though.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Employer based healthcare isn't looking real strong either. I wont believe anything will change until i see it though.
                            The only change I think we will see, and it's not really a change, is that the economy will tank, people will lose their houses and 401Ks and people with money will be able to profit off investing while everyone else is struggling and the wealth gap will increase

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              You stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking hamberder.
                              Ok....that was a little aggressive
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Ouch. Slasher takes a body blow, but still standimg
                                still?
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X