*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    "Christ has finally delivered us a man of grace in President Donald J. Trump. After 8 long years of Barack Obama's tyrannical rule we have a President who prays like us, serves like us, and looks like us." Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Looks like us.
    Wow, is that a real quote ? I am sure it must be, just hard to believe
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      My family used to rent a bungalow in upstate NY every summer in the late 1970s-early 1980s (think: Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, except a lot less luxury), and only a small handful of my friends there had TVs because reception was so bad. So we would listen to games on the radio, but the only game that was real important for us kids was the All-Star Game. The 1983 game was the one I can clearly remember listening to, and I remember we all went crazy when Lynn hit the GS off Hammaker. I'm not sure why Hammaker's disaster left such a lasting impression, but it did.
      Listening to the Phillies on the radio in the summer on my Grandparent's patio was a mainstay of my youth. I still enjoy baseball on the radio to watching it on TV for the most part.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

RJers I have met: Fresno Bob (a couple different times during the glorious griswold card days), Tranagreg, Friarfan, and GitH. I'm super happy to hang with anyone who comes through my neck of the woods anytime, though! I'm moderately nicer in person, so I have that going for me....
        TranaGreg insists that Eld is one of the nicest guys he has ever met... Not sure about this Bene dude though.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Bump for mjl who must not be reading the VD comments anymore

might have to resort to PM
          if you do, let me know the answer...

Comment

I recall mjl expressing shock that someone who'd met me thought I was a nice guy. I guess I'm not surprised, though. I'm moderately rough around the edges, to say the least. I can't remember exactly who it was --- maybe Tranagreg's girlfriend? They were really sweet people. Took 'em out to some super delicious and authentic New Mexican food.
            Nah... I was there too when we met TG in SF. No surprise, but he and his girlfriend did carry on about you... made us wonder if you all were swingers or something.

Comment

• the ability for you all to drop DMBLs into random threads cracks me up to no end... and it's not even that funny.

Comment

"Christ has finally delivered us a man of grace in President Donald J. Trump. After 8 long years of Barack Obama's tyrannical rule we have a President who prays like us, serves like us, and looks like us." Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Looks like us.
                "Give us Barabbas!" He's a tough leader, man of action, he's what we need. This Jesus fellow, you can crucify him.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Nah... I was there too when we met TG in SF. No surprise, but he and his girlfriend did carry on about you... made us wonder if you all were swingers or something.
                  Hahahaha! Holy crap.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

the ability for you all to drop DMBLs into random threads cracks me up to no end... and it's not even that funny.
                    doesnt make board-readers laugh in general
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Stupid worthless Phillies. At least it wasn't the Giants.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• 13 years - holy frijoles!

Comment

13 years - holy frijoles!
                          Yeah, I'm surprised he lowered his AAV that much by spreading it across 13

Comment

13 years - holy frijoles!
                            13 years is crazy, but, woot!

Comment

the ability for you all to drop DMBLs into random threads cracks me up to no end... and it's not even that funny.
                              Don't encourage him!
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Don't encourage him!
                                Who, KS?

Comment

Working...
                                X