*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...if you know what I mean.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      ...if you know what I mean.
      Wink, wink....
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Rich Hill struck out 10 tonight, becoming the 2nd Dodger age 39+ to strike out ten or more in a single game in franchise history. VD brethren (hint hint), who was the other?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Wink, wink....
          Honk honk.

Comment

Rich Hill struck out 10 tonight, becoming the 2nd Dodger age 39+ to strike out ten or more in a single game in franchise history. VD brethren (hint hint), who was the other?
            Dazzy Vance?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Weak contact first time up, roped a sick double 2nd time around. He is a very round looking guy, for sure. Maybe not Forster-esque but definitely large. Made a couple routine plays in the OF. Looks like one of those wait for his pitch guys at the plate and then gets very aggressive.
              He's Canadian. He has to be able to keep warm during the long winter.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Dazzy Vance?
                Very nice. Vintage Draft luminary Dazzy Vance struck out 10+ twice in his 1932 season, topping out with a 11 IP, 12 K game.

Comment

• tj ? Sutton ?
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Some dude nearly got his skull flattened by a bull....interestimg place, Arizona
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Very nice. Vintage Draft luminary Dazzy Vance struck out 10+ twice in his 1932 season, topping out with a 11 IP, 12 K game.
                      Figured it out by a process of elimination. Newcombe, Koufax, Drysdale, Valenzuela didn't pitch long enough. Sutton and Hershiser did, but not with the Dodgers. So Vance seemed like a logical candidate.

Comment

• And that's cool for Rich Hill. He's been a favorite of mine ever since I tried to get my boss to sign him after his 2015 season.

Comment

If he'd take up farming and stop wearing buttons, we'd let him join.
                          I planted 3 cherry tomato plants, a cucumber plant and a serrano pepper plant today... does that count?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

But even if he doesn't want to join, he's welcome to stop by for faspa.
                            What is faspa?
                            "Faspa" is one of those Low German words for which there is no direct English translation. Faspa meant a light lunch about 4 p.m. on workdays. Faspa also meant the gathering of family and friends, usually at 4 p.m. Sunday, for a light meal and fellowship, with an emphasis on fellowship. The meal always included zwieback, coffee and might also include cheese, cold cuts, and jelly.
                            Jon told me there was a lot of singing involved .... I don't think you want me.

Comment

Hmm.....dunno that one, don’t think.
                              Jon KK. He use to post a ton in the Moonlight J thread. He was (is) a good guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Jon KK. He use to post a ton in the Moonlight J thread. He was (is) a good guy.
                                I don't see him listed as a member. Did he ever make the transition to the "new & improved" RJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X