X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Does marriage beget little ones?
    no

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Don't marry boring, lazy people.
      this is probably better advice for her than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        this is probably better advice for her than me.
        Doting matriarch's bitter lessons?
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Doting matriarch's bitter lessons?
          if she hasn't learned yet, I don't know if she ever will.

Comment

• Montas suspended?!?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!!! He was pretty much the ace of my NFBC-leading team, sad as that is to say. The team keeps on keeping on despite not being very good, but this is a devastating turn of events. Now I'm going to have to start.....uh.......somebody that really fucking sucks a lot.

Hey, I hear that Drew Smyly guy isn't actively gas canning his team (because he got released). Looks like it's Jimmy Nelson time for team Bene. Ugh. Of course, I have quite the bevy of preseason low-tier closers --- Archie Bradley, Boxberger......hey, maybe that Bud Norris guy will turn out well! Or how about Mark Melancon. I hear he was just awesome just a couple short years ago.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Hmm, just remembered I also have Logan Allen. It's your time to shine, kid!

Edit: Or Pomeranz. I mean, how bad can he be?
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Montas suspended?!?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!!! He was pretty much the ace of my NFBC-leading team, sad as that is to say. The team keeps on keeping on despite not being very good, but this is a devastating turn of events. Now I'm going to have to start.....uh.......somebody that really fucking sucks a lot.

Hey, I hear that Drew Smyly guy isn't actively gas canning his team (because he got released). Looks like it's Jimmy Nelson time for team Bene. Ugh. Of course, I have quite the bevy of preseason low-tier closers --- Archie Bradley, Boxberger......hey, maybe that Bud Norris guy will turn out well! Or how about Mark Melancon. I hear he was just awesome just a couple short years ago.
                I am so glad that I've got Bradley on an expiring contract so I'm not suckered into keeping him for a 3rd straight year.

Comment

• The conservative ideologues in our Supreme Court are seriously looking to undermine the legal concept of stare decisis. Clarence Thomas is leading the charge, but this is some scary stuff. SCOTUS should be above the fog of partisanship. But, I mean, Thomas is hinting at doing away with NY Times v. Sullivan right on the heels of Trump's proclamation that we should change those same laws in this country. Precedent be damned, I guess, for these textualists.

Comment

• Clarence Thomas is one of the scariest justices to me. Not because he doesn't say anything at oral arguments. But because he (a) doesn't seem to care what anyone else thinks, including previous courts, and (b) doesn't seem care much about the effects of his decisions on the country or the litigants.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• wait, what? How are we giving mod powers to people who rage quit the board for months on end?

Comment

wait, what? How are we giving mod powers to people who rage quit the board for months on end?
                        Maybe the pay isnt as good as you think and the job is unrewarding
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

wait, what? How are we giving mod powers to people who rage quit the board for months on end?
                          Perhaps my time has finally come!!!

Fair warning: I would abuse the shit out of any mod powers.

Comment

• How about Cody Bellinger’s swing? One of the few non-leg kick guys still around and his is a swing of beauty. Dude rakes.

Comment

• And also leading the league in fWAR because he’s a defensive whiz and good baserunner. He’s just dreamy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                How about Cody Bellinger’s swing? One of the few non-leg kick guys still around and his is a swing of beauty. Dude rakes.
                                I have to wait two more months before I can record his swing with my fancy cameras.

Comment

Working...
                                X