*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    He made me a bad offer via email (he asked for Kerryon Johnson & Mark Andrews for Baker Mayfield), so I responded back that it wasn't close and threw a harmless joke in there ("why don't you consult your magazine, lol"). He went right off the rails, which was pretty unlike him, saying "what did you expect for a RB2 and a late round TE, Patrick Mahomes?" Then before I had a chance to respond back, he sent a 2nd email: "You know what, forget this. I'm out of here. Someone can take over my team." Yep, it was that quick.

Then what he did afterwards was more alarming: he purposely tried to sabotage the league by benching all of his starters for his bye week and injured players. I figured that he was going to drop his starters next, so I sent him an email (wearing my commish hat) saying I caught him in the act, and said I would keep it private for now if he fixed it. He responded that yes, you're right, it was childish, and fixed it.....and hasn't been seen since. So he left the league and left his team to flail in the wind because he was called out privately for making a bad offer.
    sad face.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      I can do it if you need someone but I am a bit of a fish in fantasy football.
      I think all we need is a once a week reasonable lineup check - i.e. right now he needs to bench his QB on bye and put in the bench option. And he needs to pick up a defense off waivers.

I don't think think you'd even need to follow it closely. In fact you could just use the built in CBS projections to make your choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        sad face.
        I know it. Oh, and he defriended me on Facebook too, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          I can do it if you need someone but I am a bit of a fish in fantasy football.
          If you want it, it's yours.

Comment

• Bizarre.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              I think I tore my meniscus playing frisbee a little while back. Fingers crossed it's not surgery #6 (!!!) for the beleaguered right knee.
              when are you supposed to get word?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I know it. Oh, and he defriended me on Facebook too, lol.
                cripes...

I know he's going through some shit, so hopefully, bad day? He's been in and out of PONY a few times now... a bit flaky about it.

Comment

• Speaking of flaky...

I've been out of work almost a year right now. I worry that rage quitting a job (I gave ample notice, just quitting without having a landing spot) and being out of work this long is going to make me look flaky. I feel I am anything but, but I'm convened now that I am projecting that.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    when are you supposed to get word?
                    Meeting with regular doc tomorrow, maybe MRI to follow, then meeting with my old knee surgeon orthopedist in 9 or 10 days. This dude did three of my other knee surgeries but I haven't had reason to see him in like a decade since the last surgery I had. Thought I was all fixed for good. Guess not.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

three of my other knee surgeries
                      I think I spotted the problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I think I spotted the problem
                        shitty knees?

Comment

shitty knees?
                          Just one super duper shitty knee. Fucking thing has plagued me since my first surgery at age 11. At least a meniscus repair is pretty minor. I had to have a couple big and awful surgeries.

Sorry, I know I shouldn't complain, particularly in a forum where folks are dealing with real, actual health issues in their families (hang in there, Ken). Really I just wanted to play in my frisbee tournament this upcoming weekend! At least I can still drink all day during the tourney. I mean, not like I sprained my liver or anything.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

shitty knees?
                            Do many blown ligaments require surgery ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just one super duper shitty knee. Fucking thing has plagued me since my first surgery at age 11. At least a meniscus repair is pretty minor. I had to have a couple big and awful surgeries.

Sorry, I know I shouldn't complain, particularly in a forum where folks are dealing with real, actual health issues in their families (hang in there, Ken). Really I just wanted to play in my frisbee tournament this upcoming weekend! At least I can still drink all day during the tourney. I mean, not like I sprained my liver or anything.
                              No way, I can't imagine the frustration of having the same body part operated on over and over and over (and over). That's an actual health issue.

I wish I was in shape to play ultimate, Dallas has one of the best leagues around and I used to love it. But nowhere close to fit enough. Just played some softball tonight and I'm winded an hour after the game ended.

Comment

• I just play fat, drunk frisbee instead of running around ultimate.

Comment

Working...
                                X