*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Me vs Ed in the “so you fucked your lineup” bowl tonight. It’s Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones versus Kerryon Johnson and 17 extra points. Let’s hope the poorly-named Mr. Johnson lives up to his moniker!
    I got tired of DIggs and benched him too. Will cost me the game
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I think it's true that Trump's now on a hook (Ukraine) that will be harder for him to wiggle off of than previous hooks that he has escaped, and that it's the intelligence community who is coming to get him with this one. I don't think it makes Trump's crimes in the Ukraine matter any less serious. Nor does the fact that he's gotten out of paying for similar misdeeds in the past against other adversaries, if you will, excuse what he did this time. I also don't believe that this sets up the CIA or whoever as the real shadow power behind our government.

I do wish CIA had somewhat less power than they do. I don't like that they can torture people and carry out extrajudicial renditions and kill people willy-nilly with drone strikes. But in terms of their ability to pull the levers of power in Washington, I'm not nearly as worried.
      It seems to me that this is simply a case of chickens coming home to roost --- remember when President McClownstick sold out Israeli intelligence to the Russians in a closed door meeting where only Russian and no American journalists were permitted to be present. Intelligence officials had to scramble to remove a high-placed covert source for fear of reprisal. Of course, the dumbass claimed his "absolute right" to share such intelligence with the Russians. Putin's cock holster, indeed.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I read your Matt Taibbi article, Feral, and still feel angry about it. Such a complete whiff on logic and reason, imo, from a guy I normally respect.
        He certainly overstates his case, lol.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Welp just about everything is going wrong so far in this game to decide the Revo-Diablo bowl. The guy named after dead animal flesh has like 47 carries for three yards but with a TD. Meanwhile, my guy has already lost a fumble and dropped a perfect touchdown pass and is now on the sidelines while the backup shines. Fantasy football, y'all.

Edit: When your top scorers are your kicker and your DST, you probably don't deserve to win anyway.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Lol the QB I've always hated the most, Aaron Rodgers, that I foolishly picked for my team just got picked off after his inept receiver took one right off the facemask and into the hands of the defender. Fantasy football, the Mithiest of all betting endeavors. Rodgers deserves it, though, and so do I. Never trust a Cal Bear.

Comment

• I think I tore my meniscus playing frisbee a little while back. Fingers crossed it's not surgery #6 (!!!) for the beleaguered right knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                He certainly overstates his case, lol.
                I used to be a huge fan of both Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald. What happened to them? I'm still willing to give Taibbi a few more chances but Greenwald, holy crap.

Comment

Fantasy football, the Mithiest of all betting endeavors.
                  Yup, anything head to head really has a higher luck factor

Comment

• The refs are giving Detroit the absolute screw job here. Awful.

Comment

• Obviously I would vote for him over the Orange clownstick, but I fucking can’t stand Michael Bloomberg. Can we just all say we have had enough of sanctimonious New York billionaires for a while, please?

Comment

Obviously I would vote for him over the Orange clownstick, but I fucking can’t stand Michael Bloomberg. Can we just all say we have had enough of sanctimonious New York billionaires for a while, please?
                        Completely agree.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Me vs Ed in the “so you fucked your lineup” bowl tonight. It’s Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones versus Kerryon Johnson and 17 extra points. Let’s hope the poorly-named Mr. Johnson lives up to his moniker!
                          I can't believe I pulled that out. Sorry man, I thought you had it in the bag.

BTW, that's the second straight week I left a yuuuge performance on my bench.....and won. Last week, it was Fuller, so I put him in this week for Diggs. Yikes.

BTW, anyone here want to take over a team in this league, for free? Gris threw a temper tantrum and left, so it's yours for the taking. Any money you win is yours to keep, and there's no obligation for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Gris threw a temper tantrum and left, so it's yours for the taking. Any money you win is yours to keep, and there's no obligation for next season.
                            Obviously I can't, but what was the temper tantrum over? I saw him say he was leaving, but did he give a real reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Obviously I can't, but what was the temper tantrum over? I saw him say he was leaving, but did he give a real reason?
                              He made me a bad offer via email (he asked for Kerryon Johnson & Mark Andrews for Baker Mayfield), so I responded back that it wasn't close and threw a harmless joke in there ("why don't you consult your magazine, lol"). He went right off the rails, which was pretty unlike him, saying "what did you expect for a RB2 and a late round TE, Patrick Mahomes?" Then before I had a chance to respond back, he sent a 2nd email: "You know what, forget this. I'm out of here. Someone can take over my team." Yep, it was that quick.

Then what he did afterwards was more alarming: he purposely tried to sabotage the league by benching all of his starters for his bye week and injured players. I figured that he was going to drop his starters next, so I sent him an email (wearing my commish hat) saying I caught him in the act, and said I would keep it private for now if he fixed it. He responded that yes, you're right, it was childish, and fixed it.....and hasn't been seen since. So he left the league and left his team to flail in the wind because he was called out privately for making a bad offer.

Comment

• I can do it if you need someone but I am a bit of a fish in fantasy football.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X