No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral using his imagination ... picks the same 2 first picks as VD 10 ... he won that incidentally

Comment

• I didn't even remember finishing 2nd in VD 10. On the bright side for everyone else, I finished 9th of 11 in VD 11 so my 2nd place finish in VD 12 will set me up for a solid 10th or 11th this time.

Comment

• Are we doing multi + 1 like VD12?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Are we doing multi + 1 like VD12?
          yeah, that's basically standard these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            yeah, that's basically standard these days.
            OK, that's what I thought but the rules didn't state it like they did in VD12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              OK, that's what I thought but the rules didn't state it like they did in VD12
              There are some rule changes that Johnny needs to make that were mentioned earlier in the thread.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I have posted an update to the scoring spreadsheet (see history thread or spreadsheet thread, same link in either). This one should be good enough to carry you until the last few rounds of the draft.

However, if you want to wait, I hope to have another update coming this weekend that should be the final update, except for fixes of bugs we aren't aware of at this point.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

It used to be BR.com. Not sure if that ever changed to the AFKA The Lahman Database.
                  Btw, agreed, BBRef is our source. I thought the draft rules post used to state that?

Which means Radbourn needs to be updated in the spreadsheet, I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Minor thing but Rule 1a you can edit 2010-11 to be 2010-18.

Rule 3, do we still need a team career IP minimum with multi scoring?

Rule 4, our draft order selection process is slightly different, probably not that important to edit, though.

Rule 5a, OBP replaces AVG.

Rule 5b, are we doing "Multi plus 1" scoring?
                    These were my recommended edits, though Johnny said we still need the team career IP minimum, so Rule 3 will stay as is.

Comment

• I'm sure heyelander will be pleased to know that when he was debating Felix Hernandez vs Roy Halladay for the last pick in VD12, that he was looking at outdated stats for Halladay.

I intend to pick up some of those fixes in the pitcher stats update that I can hopefully roll out this weekend.

Comment

• Good to see Hey is continuing his VD tradition of taking his time.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          Good to see Hey is continuing his VD tradition of taking his time.
                          Naps don't take themselves, you know.

Comment

• The forum is acting all weird. I get logged off about every five minutes or so for no apparent reason. I just received an email notification a couple minutes ago for a PM that Frae sent me two days ago.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              The forum is acting all weird. I get logged off about every five minutes or so for no apparent reason. I just received an email notification a couple minutes ago for a PM that Frae sent me two days ago.
                              No problems on my part. Maybe because your account is relatively new?

Comment

No problems on my part. Maybe because your account is relatively new?
                                Or that he is a Douche bag and the site knows his true identity!

Comment

Working...
                                X