X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
    What? You are going the wrong way
    Eh heh. Yeah I got confused.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      Feelings! There are no Feelings in vintage Drafting!
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        I was debating between two players, and the George Davis pick swayed me. I think Joe Kelley is a slightly better fit for my team, anyway.
        Raines was the other player.

Comment

• A guy comes in for a job interview before a panel of interviewers. After some basic back and forth, they get into some typical interview questions. The man is asked, "What do you think is your greatest weakness?" "Oh, my greatest weakness is definitely my honesty," replies the man. One of the interviewers says, "Well, I don't think honesty is that great a weakness." The man says, "Yeah, well I don't really give a fuck what you think."
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I have fixed the positions worksheet in the scoring spreadsheet, and I'll upload a new version for everyone.

The positions worksheet always has (and always will, unless someone is a lot cleverer than me) require manual entry of the position labels. I haven't figured out an algorithm that can tell if mjl is going to use Delahanty as an OF or 1B, for example. But I tried to make that clearer on the worksheet.

Comment

• I'm here, and aaarggghhh, the Raines pick was an icepick in the ear! Gimme a few.

Comment

I have fixed the positions worksheet in the scoring spreadsheet, and I'll upload a new version for everyone.

The positions worksheet always has (and always will, unless someone is a lot cleverer than me) require manual entry of the position labels. I haven't figured out an algorithm that can tell if mjl is going to use Delahanty as an OF or 1B, for example. But I tried to make that clearer on the worksheet.
                I can imagine what that algorithm would look like, but I can't think of how you'd do it in a spreadsheet.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  I can imagine what that algorithm would look like, but I can't think of how you'd do it in a spreadsheet.
                  Yeah, if it were in code, I can at least imagine it. There is no way I want to resurface my Visual Basic skills to try to pull that off within this spreadsheet. :shudder:

Comment

• Latest version of the spreadsheet posted. If you want the 'pos' worksheet to stay updated, you have to update each team's positions in the light-green boxes after you enter their picks on the 'ROUNDS' worksheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      A guy comes in for a job interview before a panel of interviewers. After some basic back and forth, they get into some typical interview questions. The man is asked, "What do you think is your greatest weakness?" "Oh, my greatest weakness is definitely my honesty," replies the man. One of the interviewers says, "Well, I don't think honesty is that great a weakness." The man says, "Yeah, well I don't really give a fuck what you think."
                      yeah, I didn't get that job either...
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        yeah, I didn't get that job either...
                        If they can't take a dose of honesty, they don't deserve you!

Comment

Eh heh. Yeah I got confused.
                          So my hacked brainwashing FB video worked! 😑

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            C'mon, you don't like a bunch of nested ifs on a single formula line? I'll give it a shot though.

Comment

• The climate of this draft is not warming.

Comment

• I had Addie Joss higher on my list than several other pitchers who have been picked lately, maybe my valuation is off though. Short career, maybe I'm undervaluing the counting stats, obviously it is all relative.

Comment

Working...
                                X