*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    they were on there phones. Would not have read them anyway.
    *their
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      No wonder kids these days are illiterate. Feral's been withholding all their books.
      *ileterute
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

*ileterute
        Did you lern that in your bunting book?
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Did you lern that in your bunting book?
          Do most ballers learn bunting from my book ? I hope so, it is excellent. Highly recommended. And yes, that is where I learned all I know, half way up Mt. Rainier, no toothpaste, no salad dressing. I walked down uphill in the cold. And I liked it, I loved it. That's just how I am
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Die Bezirke der Little League Baseball im ganzen Land verbieten die Verwendung des Astros-Teamnamens wegen des Betrugsskandals.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Die Bezirke der Little League Baseball im ganzen Land verbieten die Verwendung des Astros-Teamnamens wegen des Betrugsskandals.
              Das ist interessant, aber erzähl mir von der Verfügbarkeit des leichten Caeser-Dressings
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Somehow I let myself get sucked into an argument that will benefit no one. Sigh...
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Somehow I let myself get sucked into an argument that will benefit no one. Sigh...

Das haben wir alle schon durchgemacht. außer Ken kommt er nie in sinnlose Auseinandersetzungen
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Einige Leute auf dieser Website könnten davon profitieren, wenn sie lernen, wie sie deeskalieren und sich positiv engagieren können
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Einige Leute auf dieser Website könnten davon profitieren, wenn sie lernen, wie sie deeskalieren und sich positiv engagieren können
                      not me, if that is what you are implying
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It's fairly easy to lay down a bunt off a batting practice fastball, but a lot harder to put it down fair (and not straight back to the pitcher) when the pitcher is trying to get you out.

I'm guessing every major league player could do it well enough if they dedicated their waking lives to it, but it takes a lot more work than just going out a few afternoons and working on it.

I do think technique matters, and most major league players have poor bunting technique. I sat through a bunting class by Paul Runge and now I see all the flaws with everyone's technique. You're supposed to adjust to the height of the pitch by bending your knees rather than angling the bat. When you angle the bat, that's when you are more likely to bunt foul. But it's a completely alien movement to bend your knees with the pitch like that, which is why it takes a bunch of practice at realistic pitching speeds (and ideally against breaking balls, too).
                        Footwork and knee movement are so important in nearly every sport. Even corn hole is all about bending your knees. Ok that can be misinterpreted
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "Morgen, Morgen, nur nicht heute, sagen alle faulen leute," as my mother used to say.

Comment

• Marshawn Lynch is going to be in the next season of westworld! Awesome. Love that show. Love that dude.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• #33 Cy Young
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Wow, I’d have guessed Young would be much higher than that.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X