*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
    To be clear, when I say stuck in a certain time, I'm thinking of that scene at the end of Superman 2 where Zod and his cronies are flying through the universe in that weird parallelogram. That's how I think of the Smashing Pumpkins. Forever flying through the 90's.
    Bald Billy does bear a striking resemblance to General Zod.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Ours was a total trainwreck.
      Don't use that word while Feral is riding the rails.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Sorry, I've been a little busy fixing some stuff but, I can confirm that the allegations that I am Michael Cohen are fake news.
        Oh shit. He's here! Everyone --- look busy!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

To be clear, when I say stuck in a certain time, I'm thinking of that scene at the end of Superman 2 where Zod and his cronies are flying through the universe in that weird parallelogram. That's how I think of the Smashing Pumpkins. Forever flying through the 90's.
          Smashing Pumpkins have the widest variance of any band ever between their awesome (Gish) songs and their awful (everything after Siamese Dreams) songs.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Hey Chris... my parents are headed down to the Q in May. My dad's been down there a number of times to check out native American ruins and petroglyphs. I know you majored in archeology dso I thought I would ask if you knew of any cool off the beaten track places to check out. They are in their 70s but in decent shape so light to moderate effort would be good.
            bump in case you missed it.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Smashing Pumpkins have the widest variance of any band ever between their awesome (Gish) songs and their awful (everything after Siamese Dreams) songs.
              Jefferson Airplane says hello ("White Rabbit" to "We Built this City"). And Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was excellent as well.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Sorry, I've been a little busy fixing some stuff but, I can confirm that the allegations that I am Michael Cohen are fake news.
                Sounds an awful lot like Michael Cohen's response when I asked him if he was umjewman.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  bump in case you missed it.
                  I did miss it! There is an overabundance of amazing archaeology in this area. I'd recommend the old Cochiti ruins and Cochiti pueblo (about 1/2 hour north of Albuquerque on the way to Santa Fe). I assume they've been to Chaco Canyon and Bandelier National Monument, but if not those are some of the greatest archaeological sites in the whole country. The Maxwell Museum located on the University of New Mexico campus is top notch. Petroglyph National Monument is pretty neat and right next to town. For amazing non-archaeological sightseeing, I'd recommend Tent Rocks, also located on the way up to Santa Fe.

Tent Rocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Jefferson Airplane says hello ("White Rabbit" to "We Built this City"). And Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was excellent as well.
                    Agreed re: Jefferson Starplaneship. I thought Mellon Collie was garbage, personally, but that's just personal taste I suppose.

Comment

I did miss it! There is an overabundance of amazing archaeology in this area. I'd recommend the old Cochiti ruins and Cochiti pueblo (about 1/2 hour north of Albuquerque on the way to Santa Fe). I assume they've been to Chaco Canyon and Bandelier National Monument, but if not those are some of the greatest archaeological sites in the whole country. The Maxwell Museum located on the University of New Mexico campus is top notch. Petroglyph National Monument is pretty neat and right next to town. For amazing non-archaeological sightseeing, I'd recommend Tent Rocks, also located on the way up to Santa Fe.
                      cool beans, I'll pass it all along. thanks!
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Tent Rocks:

Personally i think I'd prefer somewhere softer and flatter to pitch a tent. But they are beautiful !

I think I went to Bandelier 20 years ago when I visited Santa Fe/Taos. Should try to get down there again
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Sounds an awful lot like Michael Cohen's response when I asked him if he was umjewman.
                          What a strange coincidence!

Comment

It's interesting how certain bands manage to transcend their era and others seem stuck in that certain time forever. The latter often has to do with production. I think of the Smashing Pumpkins as very much stuck in the 90's but I know others disagree.
                            Good time to get stuck I'd say. Unless of course your're visiting the Neverland ranch.

Comment

Tent Rocks:

Breathe In Breathe Out song aka Machinehead ... it's about his dick and weird sex right ... or he just really likes his guitar knobs?

Comment

Agreed re: Jefferson Starplaneship. I thought Mellon Collie was garbage, personally, but that's just personal taste I suppose.
                                It's not on the same level as Siamese Dream, but I think it's aged well. And I agree about them falling off a cliff just disagree about the timing.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X