*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I'm ready, but about to give up for the night if its not my pick soon.
    You can PM me your pick if you'd like.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Also cool cosmological things:

- Pulsar stars, which are extraordinarily dense stars. A teaspoon of one would weigh 100 million tons. They spin at 43,000 revolutions per minute meaning they are spinning at 1/4 the speed of light. They spin so fast they're not spherical.
      - There is a massive body of water floating out there in space. It's so big that you could give every single person on Earth 20,000 containers of water --- each the size of planet Earth. This thing has so much water that it could supply 28 Milky Way-sized galaxies with water, if each star had 10 planets as wet as Earth. It would almost fill up Squid's mom's bathtub.
      - That huge sun I referenced earlier is so big that a plane traveling at 900 km/h would take 1,100 years to fly around it.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I'm not sure the log is accurate anymore. Or else this place is much more popular than it used to be
        I think it's accurate, but just has a really long memory. Sort of like the Amish.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I think it's accurate, but just has a really long memory. Sort of like the Amish.
          That's pretty much what I meant. it remembers you long after you've logged off.

For some reason it reminded me of a movie quote - "The Colonels dead and here we are still enjoying his chicken "

Anyone recollect this classic line ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Back in VD 17, Mr. Seitzer drafted 11 hitters in a row to start the draft and ended up winning handily. Frae and Revo tied for 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              You can PM me your pick if you'd like.
              Actually I can't, your inbox is full

Comment

• Oops! Should be good to go now. Perhaps we should start a 10,000 page picture thread to celebrate.

Comment

• Well Brown was my pick I've been waiting on all day. Oh well. I'll grab another.

Comment

• Damn, Revo. You got a hell of a start with those four players.

Comment

• You guys ate up all the pitchers I wanted to take here, what a killer round. I really assumed someone would make it back. I have stared at this for an hour now and I guess I'll just take another hitter and worry about it later.

Comment

• Savage frae ... Savage.

Comment

• I was considering Deacon White with my pick. And I had no idea about his updated stats. Those 19 SB in 1873 are a nice find.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            I was considering Deacon White with my pick. And I had no idea about his updated stats. Those 19 SB in 1873 are a nice find.
                            I actually was pretty set on picking him before I even noticed the updated stats. Pretty convenient that all the changes were positives and also in his BY.

Comment

Damn, Revo. You got a hell of a start with those four players.
                              Ha thanks, we'll see how it turns out. Obviously, I have some leeway with OBP deficient players now.

Comment

Back in VD 17, Mr. Seitzer drafted 11 hitters in a row to start the draft and ended up winning handily. Frae and Revo tied for 2nd.
                                That was back in the day with additive scoring where we could punt whatever we wanted. We had instituted a career IP minimum, but that was completely ineffective at stopping those extreme punts. I punted six of the 20 categories and still won handily. I think that was one of the few times I planned a punt strategy ahead of time. Just looking at the standings, I think something like 13 out of the 17 drafters were pursuing one sort of punt or another.

My planned punt was career and BY wins and strikeouts. But that was our first draft doing OBP with decades, IIRC, and as the draft went on, I decided people were overvaluing OBP, so I punted those two categories, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X