X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This com thread needed more hacko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      So I watched Blade Runner 2049 finally. I was kind of hesitant to watch it because the first one is one of the greatest films ever made, imo. The new one is so, so good. So good. It's smart, challenging, unique, and extremely well acted. Hell of a movie.
      Agreed. Just a bit too long imo. Could have been a lot more precise.

I fell asleep for a moment, and missed what might have been an important part. Went back to watch it again, just to see if that part made a difference to my analysis, fell asleep again at the same point!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        This com thread needed more hacko.
        I disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          I disagree
          It's already better ...

Comment

• Disagreement makes boring logic
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Just like Fielder Jones makes a boring pick.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I don't know if I was right to pick my last hitter before my last pitcher. Usually I do it the other way around. But in this case, there just wasn't that much difference between all the 1900s hitters I had to choose from: no power, plenty of runs and SB. Whereas with pitching it's still not clear to me whether I should go with a final starter or reliever. So I'll let the rest of you make that determination for me.

Comment

• Del's Mismanaged Baseball Legends

Comment

So I watched Blade Runner 2049 finally. I was kind of hesitant to watch it because the first one is one of the greatest films ever made, imo. The new one is so, so good. So good. It's smart, challenging, unique, and extremely well acted. Hell of a movie.
                    I forget if I mentioned it at the time, but I saw it at the R&D test theater at the Dolby office in SF. They have this laser projection system where (if I recall what the guy who worked there was explaining to me) instead of using a normal projection system where the light shines through the projector everywhere, even in the black areas, the laser only lights up the places where there's something to see. So the net effect is that the blacks are more perfect black. During the initial text crawl, where it was just white text printed in a pitch-black theater, it was really striking. I don't know if it'll actually get used anywhere but if it catches on you should check it out.

In other seeing-things-a-bit-late news I saw Hamilton last night. It's as good as you've heard.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Sounds like Heyelander's going to be pounding someone in the ass, fellas.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Agreed. Just a bit too long imo. Could have been a lot more precise.

I fell asleep for a moment, and missed what might have been an important part. Went back to watch it again, just to see if that part made a difference to my analysis, fell asleep again at the same point!
                        It was so sweeping in scope that I just wanted it to go on and on. Just the feel of the world they'd built --- so bleak and vast. I just couldn't get enough. There were scenes where I found myself just grinning at the splendor of the environment, even though it was a gray wasteland. It's cool to have movies that evoke those kinds of feelings, even though they are difficult to describe.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          I forget if I mentioned it at the time, but I saw it at the R&D test theater at the Dolby office in SF. They have this laser projection system where (if I recall what the guy who worked there was explaining to me) instead of using a normal projection system where the light shines through the projector everywhere, even in the black areas, the laser only lights up the places where there's something to see. So the net effect is that the blacks are more perfect black. During the initial text crawl, where it was just white text printed in a pitch-black theater, it was really striking. I don't know if it'll actually get used anywhere but if it catches on you should check it out.

In other seeing-things-a-bit-late news I saw Hamilton last night. It's as good as you've heard.
                          I wish I had seen it in the theater. Your experience sounds like the perfect way to see a movie like this.

Comment

I wish I had seen it in the theater. Your experience sounds like the perfect way to see a movie like this.
                            I saw it in a seat back monitor on an airplane...i think i had subtitles but no sound. Might need to re watch
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              I saw it in a seat back monitor on an airplane...i think i had subtitles but no sound. Might need to re watch
                              Diminish monitors bitty letters

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                Diminish monitors bitty letters
                                I have something for this, I'll bring it later.

Comment

Working...
                                X