Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.11 chicken wings
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1.12 chicken nuggets
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 2.01 fried chicken
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I think way too much is being made out of draft order. I dug up the old study I had done after VD15 on the old site. Here were the number of money finishes by draft slots, from 1-16:

Moreover, the finish for the Walter Johnson drafter in the last-name drafts on the old site was:
          6th, 8th, 14th, 10th, 3rd, 2nd, 14th, 8th

I'm in favor of mixing things up for the sake of variety and not sticking people with the same player pool all the time. But in terms of competitiveness, I don't think it's a real issue.
          I disagree
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I disagree
            I disagree
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So we are pretty much the only people anywhere ever that have done Vintage Drafting.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Man that took forever. I kept waffling about whether my feeling-clever-about-finding-a-decent-1870s-BY was actually useful and being sad that I hadn't realized everyone was just going to take closers for 1990-2000. Perhaps I should have started preparing before the draft instead of around round 10.

Also sad that I took as many hitters as I did early and Johnny's hitting is still better than mine.

Also sad that I'm in week 3 of my wife being out of town and me taking care of the kids, which is why I don't actually get to look at RJ until about 10pm.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Just found a dog I want to adopt but its in Seattle. Mind adopting it and fostering it until you come down here in the spring?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• but you get lovely lemonade made for you, right?
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Yes. I also get my six year old deciding that she didn't feel like getting up to go to the bathroom because she was too tired (because she woke up at 6 to watch cartoons) and peed in the wastebasket and didn't feel obligated to clean it up, which then taught my three year old that it was okay so she later peed on the couch. Otherwise things are going great.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I didn't really punish her for it because she's been really helpful otherwise, but I did take a video of the wastebasket and her apologizing for it and I told her if she did it again I would send it to her classmates and her grandparents.

For those of you not on my Facebook, she also made me a lemonade as a nice treat and was very proud that she invented the recipe, which was one cup of sugar, another half a cup of sugar, an ice cube, and three lemons.

Comment

• BTW if any of you are in NYC and want a nice event for the Valentine's Day weekend, my wife is performing at Lincoln Center Thursday through Sunday, two shows a night, and I might be able to get you tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            So we are pretty much the only people anywhere ever that have done Vintage Drafting.
                            Has anyone else ever drafted chickens ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Just found a dog I want to adopt but its in Seattle. Mind adopting it and fostering it until you come down here in the spring?
                              Maybe. Need to send pics for me to sell it
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Aaarggggg !!!! Really hoped jimmy "wood" make it back for my wc pick
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X