*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Picked up Divinity 2. Just starting out .... did you play solo or were you playing multi-player?
    I bought this in the hope of finding something to interest me. Got so bored with most ganes. Used to love RPGs when I was younger, Bards Tale etc. I played Div2 for about 2 hours, then got bored and stopped. Never returned.

Nothing to do with the game, people love this game. I'm just bored with games in general. Civ 6 sucked, Paradox keep repackaging the same crap and charging a fortune for the privilege. Just bored I guess.

Last 2 games I really loved were Offworld Trading Company and Factorio.

Comment

• My writing style is completely different when I write on mobile. Weird.

Comment

• I think I'm going to buy Surviving Mars. Hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I think I'm going to buy Surviving Mars. Hmmmm
          The hmmmmmm is because it's published by Paradox, and that means an endless flow of exploitative DLC.

EU4 must cost more than 300 bucks by now ... for a fucking game! You could build a decent PC for less than that.

Comment

• Div 2 is close to the best game I’ve ever played. I spent hours trying to get some of the individual fights right. Something about the strategic part of the game really scratched an itch for me.

It’s only a single player game, though, isn’t it? You can choose to either form a 4 person party that you control or go it alone. I made a team so I don’t know about lone wolf strategy. I even started the game again so I could try a different team. Doing all spellcasters was really fun since they can do anything, even rank.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I bought this in the hope of finding something to interest me. Got so bored with most ganes. Used to love RPGs when I was younger, Bards Tale etc. I played Div2 for about 2 hours, then got bored and stopped. Never returned.

Nothing to do with the game, people love this game. I'm just bored with games in general. Civ 6 sucked, Paradox keep repackaging the same crap and charging a fortune for the privilege. Just bored I guess.

Last 2 games I really loved were Offworld Trading Company and Factorio.
              Have you tried candy crush ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Have you tried candy crush ?
                Is it 2015 or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Div 2 is close to the best game I’ve ever played. I spent hours trying to get some of the individual fights right. Something about the strategic part of the game really scratched an itch for me.

It’s only a single player game, though, isn’t it? You can choose to either form a 4 person party that you control or go it alone. I made a team so I don’t know about lone wolf strategy. I even started the game again so I could try a different team. Doing all spellcasters was really fun since they can do anything, even rank.
                  This is typical of Divinity 2 responses ... kinda why I bought it. I've just gotten old and grizzled I guess.

Poker wrecked a lot of games and genres for me. Hard to motivate yourself to level up or gain XP when you were used to playing in tourneys with 100k+ real money for first place.
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 05-11-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Velasquez gets hurt, but never fear VD fans, the Phillies have you covered as they bring up Cole Irvin for the start!
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      The Grand Canyon is amazing. Second to Yosemite on my list of places that I've been that blow my mind. If you do go to the Grand Canyon, I would highly recommend walking at least a little bit below the rim. It completely changes your perspective of the place.
                      Hiked down a mile or so today. An amazimg place. Now headed to the pool !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Very nice
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I don't remember if I've told my Grand Canyon hiking story here. Well, I have several, but the humorous one.

My wife and I hiked the Grand Canyon on our honeymoon. We hiked down one day, slept at the campsite at the bottom, and hiked back up the next day. That night we spent in hotel in Flagstaff, and the next morning we were on our way to our next stop--the meteor crater in Winslow. We drive up, see that there are about 20-30 steps to climb to get to the top of the crater wall. We look at each other and come to the same conclusion: we can live without seeing a stupid hole in the ground. Our legs were a bit sore from the climb out of the canyon, you might say.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Really spectacular place, the Grand Canyon.

I've never seen anything like it.

Layer upon layer of ancient rocks.

Eons of Earth's history are represented.

You can't help but be awed by it.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              I don't remember if I've told my Grand Canyon hiking story here. Well, I have several, but the humorous one.

My wife and I hiked the Grand Canyon on our honeymoon. We hiked down one day, slept at the campsite at the bottom, and hiked back up the next day. That night we spent in hotel in Flagstaff, and the next morning we were on our way to our next stop--the meteor crater in Winslow. We drive up, see that there are about 20-30 steps to climb to get to the top of the crater wall. We look at each other and come to the same conclusion: we can live without seeing a stupid hole in the ground. Our legs were a bit sore from the climb out of the canyon, you might say.
                              My daughter feels exactly the same. No more hikes or climbing on this trip. Just layimg by the pool. We both thought Flagstaff was a nice little town. Not worth a trip to get there, but passing theu it was a nice stop. Overall i was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful northern arizona is.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dmt...check your inbox
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X