No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted the spreadsheet updates in a separate thread so they don't get lost.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Mookie is out for this draft?
      My performance in VD13 is already guaranteed to be better than VD12. I feel like I've accomplished something already.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        1.12 Alex Rodriquez SS 2007

54 HR 515 OBP
        One of us needs to fix our OBP calculation, hoping its you
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          One of us needs to fix our OBP calculation, hoping its you
          Well he had a .422 OBP in 2007, so I'm thinking Hacko was just a bit too optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Well he had a .422 OBP in 2007, so I'm thinking Hacko was just a bit too optimistic.
            for some reason on my revo sheet it had the 515 obp I thought it seemed high but didn’t check - oh well I still stick with ARod

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Given that we don't have SH in the hitting stats in the spreadsheet, how are we supposed to calculate OBP?

There are a lot of borked-up career stats in the 2000s and especially 2010s hitters, and I'm not sure how to fix them, and now I realize I don't know how we've calculated OBP in these spreadsheets in the past, either.

Edit to answer my own question. I guess not using the PA column.
              i.e.
              (H+BB+HB)/(AB+BB+HB+SF)
              not (H+BB+HB)/PA
              I'm not following you on this question. Why wouldn't you just use PA? It looks like you have PA in the spreadsheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I'm not following you on this question. Why wouldn't you just use PA? It looks like you have PA in the spreadsheet.
                Because sacrifice bunts (SH) are excluded from the denominator of OBP, but they are included in PA. I wondered why my calculations (using the PA column) weren't matching BB-Ref OBP numbers, and it turns out that's why.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

for some reason on my revo sheet it had the 515 obp I thought it seemed high but didn’t check - oh well I still stick with ARod
                  It's a good pick. I likely would have taken him if he'd made the turn back to me.

Comment

It's a good pick. I likely would have taken him if he'd made the turn back to me.
                    I considered him with my first pick as well
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I only entered new players from the last two years! I take no credit for that blunder!

Comment

• weird, didn't get an email notification from hacko sending me a message. anyway. busy a bit with meetings (since I got promoted my days in the office are a bit more packed) but will try to have an opinion, but it might not be until tonight. at least this delay will only happen every two rounds!
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• btw, not that I think it's worth changing (though if we do I demand a recount for VD12), but bbref now has Radbourn with 60 wins in 1884, not 59.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Because sacrifice bunts (SH) are excluded from the denominator of OBP, but they are included in PA. I wondered why my calculations (using the PA column) weren't matching BB-Ref OBP numbers, and it turns out that's why.
                            Ahhh - gotcha

Comment

it was bonds, xxx, arod or mays for me... guess I picked the worst.
                              Last edited by heyelander; 01-10-2019, 05:43 PM.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I'm glad someone else aldi stunt cares as much as I do.
                                missed this... ha!
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X