*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    is Houston or corpus christi going to get anything? Is ken still out on the coast?
    I'm in Corpus and safe, we are just getting high tide

Comment

is Houston or corpus christi going to get anything? Is ken still out on the coast?
      Houston is just predicted for tropical storm force winds (~40 mph with higher gusts) on the east edge of the city and 1-4 inches of rain. May not even get that if it goes a little farther east. They're talking 2-4 feet of storm surge on Galveston Island. It's really from Beaumont and Port Arthur on the Texas/Louisiana border and points east of there that are in trouble.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• We were preparing for something worse earlier in the week, but yesterday the forecast started to move east and the cone started to narrow. I am wondering if we see much of anything at all where I am. It's kind of eerily calm right now. The cloud bands are overhead, but other than that, nothing.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Radar right now:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Radar right now
            I'm right below and to the left of that "361" circle on the bottom left of that image. Clear skies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Clear skies.
              Other than the big 361 sign in the sky that is. That thing is massive.

Comment

I'm right below and to the left of that "361" circle on the bottom left of that image. Clear skies.
                Interesting. I was in North Padre this past weekend with my family. Well, in Port Aransas initially, but our rental condo had a gas leak, so we relocated to North Padre.

Comment

Interesting. I was in North Padre this past weekend with my family. Well, in Port Aransas initially, but our rental condo had a gas leak, so we relocated to North Padre.
                  Small world, you were within a few block of me then - I'm on the canals in North Padre.

I was looking at buying a rental condo a couple months back but ended up passing.

Comment

Small world, you were within a few block of me then - I'm on the canals in North Padre.

I was looking at buying a rental condo a couple months back but ended up passing.
                    That's wild. We stayed at a condo on Granada Drive. It was far nicer than the place we were staying at in Port Aransas.

Comment

That's wild. We stayed at a condo on Granada Drive. It was far nicer than the place we were staying at in Port Aransas.
                      Ah, that's over across from where my kids did their surf camp this summer (right in front of the Holiday inn).

I'm on Salt Cay Ct. 2 miles away.

Comment

reading reviews, i'm thinking about not getting it, but still interested if anyone has played.

When was the last time Johnny was around?
                        Today.

If you like exploration style games, then No Mans Sky is very good. Internet Historian made a great video on this: "The Engoodening of No Man's Sky". This will probably make you buy the game BTW.

If you've never seen Internet Historian's stuff ... then this is a 2 for 1 deal! Every one of his videos is gold.

Last edited by johnnya24; 08-26-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Today.

If you like exploration style games, then No Mans Sky is very good. Internet Historian made a great video on this: "The Engoodening of No Man's Sky". This will probably make you buy the game BTW.
                          xbox was running a crazy sale this week. I'll see if it's still active. in the meantime I picked up City Skylines, Far-Cry 5, Boarderlands 3, the last installment of the Walking Dead, GTA V and maybe something else. I started buying with the intent of getting Subnautica, but it wasn't part of the sale.

Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

xbox was running a crazy sale this week. I'll see if it's still active. in the meantime I picked up City Skylines, Far-Cry 5, Boarderlands 3, the last installment of the Walking Dead, GTA V and maybe something else. I started buying with the intent of getting Subnautica, but it wasn't part of the sale.

sale is over, but No Man's Sky wasn't one of the discounted titles either.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

That'll be you sorted for the next 6 months

I bought Fallout 4 Complete last week. Trying to find time to explore it.

Comment

sale is over, but No Man's Sky wasn't one of the discounted titles either.
                                I picked it up for about $15 a couple of years back. Never played it much though.

I haven't played City Skylines in a while. But it's a quality product. Wish they could find ways to add more gameplay elements to games like this ... not just sandbox building etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X