*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    2010 hitters and picthers are both pretty poor compared to 1990s and 2000s i believe. Pretty even quality with a few exceptions. But generally poor
    Ah, yes, that's true, although 2010 has a few reasons to be lesser total quality when compared to 90s/2000s:

1) Very little steroid boost
    2) 9 out of 10 potential years
    3) Last decade, so many of the BY players are still active (and don't have a complete career to go with those BY stats)

It still looks good when compared to 1950 for example though.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      2010 hitters and picthers are both pretty poor compared to 1990s and 2000s i believe. Pretty even quality with a few exceptions. But generally poor
      When they flesh out their careers in the 2020, the 2010s will start to look better.

Comment

• Hmm 3 posts in a row that all say the same thing, I think we are onto something.

Comment

• I won't be able to pick for a while, continue your DMBLing. Deciding who gets promotions here today and reviewing packets for same, and Ford and Cano were on my short list. I guess I can take one of my picks to look like I'm trying...
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Hmm 3 posts in a row that all say the same thing, I think we are onto something.
            Truth via the bandwagon fallacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
              I won't be able to pick for a while, continue your DMBLing. Deciding who gets promotions here today and reviewing packets for same, and Ford and Cano were on my short list. I guess I can take one of my picks to look like I'm trying...
              I don't know if Ford and Cano are deserving of promotions.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Dopey marionettes: bandwagon led
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I don't know if Ford and Cano are deserving of promotions.
                  Ford had a 16:1 strikeout to walk ratio last year, what's not to like?

Aaron Ford College, Minor & Independent Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

Comment

DMBL must be Luminous

Comment

DMBL must be Luminous
                      Dullard's Might Be Leary

Comment

DMBL must be Luminous
                        Our first recursive acronym. Double meanings, but looped.

Comment

Dullard's Might Be Leary
                          Dumbo's malevolently become litigious

Comment

• Went to click Sports Bar, accidently clicked Hot Button Topics. Quickly closed browser!

Dont make bad links!

Comment

• hacko should not have posted that pick, right?
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                20.02 Dick Allen CR 1966

40 Hr
                                I think Allen is technically still an option for mjl

Comment

Working...
                                X