*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Doing both some normal data prep/analysis work and getting ready to shift into high gear on pre-draft prep. But no baseball games and staying at home every damn day just makes it all feel flat.
    It is a strange vibe working at home. Hard to feel the urgency that the job usually impresses on me.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      If u can guess the Mariners cf you get bonus points
      Dave Henderson?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Driving home from hike last night they rebroadcast roger clemens 20k night against the Mariners. It was so much fun. Lou Gorman, red sox gm was in the booth with Dave niehaus. Anyone want to guess the mariners second baseman ?
        our friend Harold Reynolds
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I still remember when Bo Jackson nailed Harold Reynolds on The Throw.

Comment

Dave Henderson?
            Winner....traded im august i think and became a red sox hero in the alcs
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

our friend Harold Reynolds
              Nope....
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Nope....
                Then I have no idea. But oddly enough, Dave Henderson's name came to me as the CF on that team before I could remember who their 2B was.

Comment

I still remember when Bo Jackson nailed Harold Reynolds on The Throw.
                  I was there and snuck down into the box seats behimd 3rd base that night. Also caught a bp HR from Bo before the game. The only ball i have saved after all these years
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was there and snuck down into the box seats behimd 3rd base that night. Also caught a bp HR from Bo before the game. The only ball i have saved after all these years
                    sweet .

Comment

• Another cool tidbit....spike owen was the Mariners ss, he was a college team mate of Clemens. He was also traded to boston that year
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

sweet .
                        I went to about 20 games one year. We would grab take out in China town and go for BP. Good times.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wow, that's awesome!
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I went to about 20 games one year. We would grab take out in China town and go for BP. Good times.
                            Pssh, China has way better food than Washington.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Pssh, China has way better food than Washington.
                              If only China weren't the source of all that is wrong with the United States. It's a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Wow, that's awesome!
                                I would have had another ball he hit, but it made it to the upper deck. Mariners probably had about 15k attendance and about maybe 30 people were there for BP. I got about 20 balls that year, it was a lot of fun
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X