No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you catch the salmon in the stream outside your house?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Did you catch the salmon in the stream outside your house?
      I should have. In middle school and high school I lived in a neighborhood called "salmon creek". I sold some baseball cards and bought a canoe my senior year of high school. Good times paddling the creek and wetlands. Never caught a salmon though
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I should have. In middle school and high school I lived in a neighborhood called "salmon creek". I sold some baseball cards and bought a canoe my senior year of high school. Good times paddling the creek and wetlands. Never caught a salmon though
        We did try to spear some carp...also unsuccesful
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          College campuses are notoriously hard to move.
          Not at Trump University.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

My mom actually grew up on a turkey farm. I remember watching them hatch when I was a wee slasher. They actually had a lot of turkey trophies if u can believe that
            As in turkeys stuffed and mounted by a taxidermist and displayed on the wall, or turkeys winning third place in the Lions Club softball tournament?

Comment

As in turkeys stuffed and mounted by a taxidermist and displayed on the wall, or turkeys winning third place in the Lions Club softball tournament?
              They were the standard trophy in fake gold plating....but instead of a baseball or basketball player they were turkeys. Thinking about it I wish I grabbed one when my grandpa passed away
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

They were the standard trophy in fake gold plating....but instead of a baseball or basketball player they were turkeys. Thinking about it I wish I grabbed one when my grandpa passed away
                Probably from state or county fairs
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Probably from state or county fairs
                  Ah, show turkeys.

Comment

We did try to spear some carp...also unsuccesful
                    Did you try carp creek?

Comment

• I grew up in farming and ranching country, and all of my friends in high school were part of FFA. It was never my thing, but I was around a lot of show pigs and steers and lambs. Nobody showed turkeys in my part of the world. We had a flock of wild turkeys that lived down along the river, and I would see them on occasion, but I was never aware of anyone raising turkeys on a farm.

Comment

Did you try carp creek?
                        No kidding, that's pretty basic. Get the salmon from salmon creek, and the carp from carp creek.

Comment

Did you try crap creek?
                          I didn't try schitt's creek either
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No kidding, that's pretty basic. Get the salmon from salmon creek, and the carp from carp creek.
                            And don't let your dyslexic friend guide the fishing trip and end up fishing downstream from the local waste treatment plant, either.

Comment

I grew up in farming and ranching country, and all of my friends in high school were part of FFA. It was never my thing, but I was around a lot of show pigs and steers and lambs. Nobody showed turkeys in my part of the world. We had a flock of wild turkeys that lived down along the river, and I would see them on occasion, but I was never aware of anyone raising turkeys on a farm.
                              They had thousands of Turkey's I think. They delivered to restaurants and people in several counties. When I was in kindergarten I got to go on a delivery run.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And don't let your dyslexic friend guide the fishing trip and end up fishing downstream from the local waste treatment plant, either.
                                Ha, beat u to the punchline
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X