• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    you forgot to login as your alt first?
    Yeah, hard to keep track of everything. And all the passwords just kill me
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Did you have ham for Thanksgiving ? What a rebel.
      turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, carrots, corn, mac&cheese, cranberry sauce, gravy.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Andersen's. And why am I talking to myself?
        we've heard about it, but we haven't gone yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, carrots, corn, mac&cheese, cranberry sauce, gravy.
          the ham was really good. 1 cup of OJ, 10lb smoked spiral cut ham, throw them in the instant pot, dump a half a jar of orange marmalade on the top along with a can of cranberry sauce, force it down into the spirals and cook for 10 minutes. came out delicious! It's kinda sweet though. Not sure how it is going to be in split pea soup. I may rinse if first.

Comment

• I really like split pea soup. Unfortunately the rest of my family hates peas.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I really like split pea soup. Unfortunately the rest of my family hates peas.
              Why don't they compromise and split the difference?

Comment

the ham was really good. 1 cup of OJ, 10lb smoked spiral cut ham, throw them in the instant pot, dump a half a jar of orange marmalade on the top along with a can of cranberry sauce, force it down into the spirals and cook for 10 minutes. came out delicious! It's kinda sweet though. Not sure how it is going to be in split pea soup. I may rinse if first.
                Mods, please move my post to the coronavirus eating thread. Apologies for the inconvenience
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

we've heard about it, but we haven't gone yet.
                  If I drive down again in the spring maybe I can grab you some. It would be great if it is safe to actually meet up again
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

We just had a lame turkey breast that I overcooked along with salmon and the sides. I did nail the potatoes and stuffing
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

We just had a lame turkey breast that I overcooked along with salmon and the sides. I did nail the potatoes and stuffing
                      Lame turkeys are easier to catch than the ones that can run away.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I really like split pea soup. Unfortunately the rest of my family hates peas.
                        I hate peas since I grew up seeing canned and cafeteria style gray/green peas. When they are fresh and green they are not bad. Pea soup is a bridge too far
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Lame turkeys are easier to catch than the ones that can run away.
                          My daughter sent me pictures of the wild turkeys running loose on her college campus. I told her to bring one home for Thanksgiving, but that didn't work out
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My daughter sent me pictures of the wild turkeys running loose on her college campus. I told her to bring one home for Thanksgiving, but that didn't work out
                            College campuses are notoriously hard to move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              College campuses are notoriously hard to move.
                              Especially if they have turkeys running around
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Especially if they have turkeys running around
                                My mom actually grew up on a turkey farm. I remember watching them hatch when I was a wee slasher. They actually had a lot of turkey trophies if u can believe that
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X