No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always thought fishmonger was both a great word and a great job title.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I mean, RJ is a bit of a liberal echo chamber, and I think I am immune to the depths of this guy's carelessness, but I think it's a good thing that people are still surprised and concerned about his actions. Gives me a bit of hope that we aren't all just normalizing it, which would be a bad thing.
      I've done my best to not pay attention to anything Trump says or does. I've insulated myself pretty well I suppose. I spent some time with a family member who is a Trump supporter in the last 2 months, and it was in some ways really frustrating - so I guess people who are on social media much more than I, or live in areas that are very pro-Trump could have a lot of stress, anger, anxiety, etc. Something I should take into account. I would probably need to vent too if I were in a different situation like the one Sour Masher described.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I've done my best to not pay attention to anything Trump says or does. I've insulated myself pretty well I suppose. I spent some time with a family member who is a Trump supporter in the last 2 months, and it was in some ways really frustrating - so I guess people who are on social media much more than I, or live in areas that are very pro-Trump could have a lot of stress, anger, anxiety, etc. Something I should take into account. I would probably need to vent too if I were in a different situation like the one Sour Masher described.
        Man I've gone the complete opposite way. I used to just ignore him, but after being badgered by his conspiracy theories from friends and family lately I've gotten to where I want to see what he says and track down the debunk information so I can shut it down quickly when they try the asinine argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Man I've gone the complete opposite way. I used to just ignore him, but after being badgered by his conspiracy theories from friends and family lately I've gotten to where I want to see what he says and track down the debunk information so I can shut it down quickly when they try the asinine argument.
          And i understand that. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't interact much at all with Trump supporters. So my perspective is perhaps skewed and not a good approach for most people. Maybe not even a good approach for me?
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            stop fishmongering
            Fixed
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I used my alt "heyelander" to give myself some negative rep.
              You need to do that more.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Sure...i think I could also improve the quality of "heyelander's" posts
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sure...i think I could also improve the quality of "heyelander's" posts
                  And once you get that accomplished, maybe work on improving the quality of "his" vintage drafting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    And once you get that accomplished, maybe work on improving the quality of his "vintage drafting"
                    Ftfy....Subtle but appropriate
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• still eating leftover ham for lunch today. it's starting to dry out a bit. I've still got a hambone to make split pea soup with too.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

still eating leftover ham for lunch today. it's starting to dry out a bit. I've still got a hambone to make split pea soup with too.
                        See....my posting is already improving
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

still eating leftover ham for lunch today. it's starting to dry out a bit. I've still got a hambone to make split pea soup with too.
                          Did you have ham for Thanksgiving ? What a rebel.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Also....there are a million billboards for split pea soup in the. Central Coast. Maybe buellton ? Have u been there ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Also....there are a million billboards for split pea soup in the. Central Coast. Maybe buellton ? Have u been there ?
                              Andersen's. And why am I talking to myself?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Andersen's. And why am I talking to myself?
                                you forgot to login as your alt first?

Comment

Working...
                                X