Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I built a screen scraper to do it last time
    Does it spin through calling up each player, or is there a screen that lists all the stats for all the players?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Does it spin through calling up each player, or is there a screen that lists all the stats for all the players?
      I think it was something like this standard batting page (do one script for batting, one for pitching), looping through by year

Comment

• Although have to hide partial rows. There was a url that I used. Damn I need to find that script

Comment

• From my notes from January it looks like I may have used this:

Comment

From my notes from January it looks like I may have used this:

http://widgets.sports-reference.com/...andard_batting
            0.o

Comment

0.o

a) what are you trying to do, I'm sure I can help
              b) does my data from January help? I still have it

Comment

a) what are you trying to do, I'm sure I can help
                b) does my data from January help? I still have it
                well... I was finally going to try to learn some practical SQL and figured I would try to do the data update for the 2019 season. but I'm sort of lost where to start. I figured if I could 2019 updated data in excel, it would be a start.

Comment

well... I was finally going to try to learn some practical SQL and figured I would try to do the data update for the 2019 season. but I'm sort of lost where to start. I figured if I could 2019 updated data in excel, it would be a start.
                  Excel is a good start. That first link I sent had a button at the top of the batter stats with export to csv which you can then just copy onto notepad and save as a csv file or you can copy into any workbook and use text to columns with a comma separator

Comment

• how did you grab the updated career stats for active players?

Comment

how did you grab the updated career stats for active players?
                      Career stats are just a summation of annual stats (other than rate stats which are a summation of the raw stat - hit/ER/etc divided by summation of period - i.e. IP/PA/AB) - you can do all that in SQL

Comment

• I wrote up what I did on RJ!! including the code - just remembered

Comment

• So...

Chris, Jason... what am I supposed to do with the tortillas I get on the side when I order mexican food? Are they just like some bread? Am I supposed to make fajita like things with all the food I get? I never know what to do with them and end up not eating them usually. I need to remember to just tell people I don't need any extra.

Comment

• Either make mini burritos or sop up whatever is on your plate.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Either make mini burritos or sop up whatever is on your plate.
                              Yep, never let good tortillas go to waste!
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Have I mentioned before that I hate the term "virtue signaling"? That it's almost always used by cowards to permit evil to prosper?
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X