*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I watched the Hangover when my kids were little. When I dropped off my older daughter at college the Hangover 2 was the best option to watch back at the hotel. It was a little awkward with my younger daughter there, but ever since then we are all part of the wolf pack.
    I know there's a lot of Bill Simmons hate out there, but this is hysterical

They rewatch old movies and just do a podcast on them. I've listened to most (although a bit behind now) and have enjoyed almost all, but this one had me laughing in tears.

edit, I guess I should mention that it's almost an hour and a half long.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Can anyone name the two pitchers from that tweet? I had to look them up. They are both typical second-half-of-draft vintage pitchers, one a B and the other a W. Johnny often drafted one of them, and sometimes the other. Both are good ratio guys and solid in wins but light in strikeouts.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Tommy Bond and....uh.......
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Will White?
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Tommy Bond and....uh.......
            That's one. Tommy Bond pitched 58 of their 61 games. The other guy pitched 3 games. 1877 was his rookie year, but he went on to have a good career and often gets drafted for his 1882 season.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Will White?
              Yep, that's the other.

Comment

• I freakin’ love drafting those kinds of pitchers, probably too much so.

Comment

I freakin’ love drafting those kinds of pitchers, probably too much so.
                  it's gaudy ratios like that that make me save good letters for later in the draft and not get value all while I'm drafting shit quizy's in the first 4 rounds.

Comment

• I think we might be able to find some new members.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      it's gaudy ratios like that that make me save good letters for later in the draft and not get value all while I'm drafting shit quizy's in the first 4 rounds.
                      This is 100% my strategy every time.

Comment

• So the NRA were Russian assets during the 2016 election? Jesus, there is no bottom with these fucking clowns.

Comment

• so how do you download data from BR? Or have you all been downloading the leahman DB?

Comment

so how do you download data from BR? Or have you all been downloading the leahman DB?
                            Downloading Mega Bytes, leave that to the experts, I say
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

so how do you download data from BR? Or have you all been downloading the leahman DB?
                              I built a screen scraper to do it last time

Comment

Working...
                              X