*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messy Juggalo Lovin'

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      For Heye
      2.03 My Johnson’s Limp!
      What, no picture?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Now that I've settled on my next pick, I'm sure he will get snagged before I get to pick.
        But on the plus side, we'll probably have players from the 2020's eligible at that point, so I'll have a nice alternative route to go.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• 2.09 Maybe Just Lost power

I hear it happens
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 2.10 Make a Jucking Lick for juck sake.

Comment

• 2.11 Mason Jar Labels

Comment

• 2.12 Mary J. bLige

Comment

• I bet he forgot to click the "remember me" button and has been trying for hours to log in.
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I've spent a little bit of time listening to that covers thread --- holy goddamn that cover of Life on Mars is something else. Brought tears to my eyes.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• There was a reddit thread asking "what is a song you consider to be perfect?" that got me thinking about what mine would be. Mine would be Dogs by Pink Floyd. Up there also would be Nessun Dorma, which also makes me get teary so I don't listen to it as often. And, of course, Hearts Alive by Mastodon.

Edit: Oh, and maybe Natural Mystic or Concrete Jungle by Bob Marley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        There was a reddit thread asking "what is a song you consider to be perfect?" that got me thinking about what mine would be. Mine would be Dogs by Pink Floyd. Up there also would be Nessun Dorma, which also makes me get teary so I don't listen to it as often. And, of course, Hearts Alive by Mastodon.

There are a few but let's start with The Tracks of My Tears. Completely perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          There are a few but let's start with The Tracks of My Tears. Completely perfect.
                          Great call. Smokey Robinson was a genius.

There are a bunch of Motown songs that are perfect, too --- Mercy Mercy Me (or just about anything, honestly) by Marvin Gaye, Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, I'll Be There by Jackson 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            There was a reddit thread asking "what is a song you consider to be perfect?" that got me thinking about what mine would be. Mine would be Dogs by Pink Floyd. Up there also would be Nessun Dorma, which also makes me get teary so I don't listen to it as often. And, of course, Hearts Alive by Mastodon.

Interesting. Mine would be Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

Comment

• It's funny - the songs I consider to be perfect and my favorite songs aren't really the same ones, although obviously there's some overlap. Music is weird and cool.

Comment

• To be fair, I was really planning on taking Ryan until he got taken right before me and then I decided maybe I should take some more hitters.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X