• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Devour moldy beefaroni lusciousness!
    Defines my boyhood life
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Del must be lurking....no word from him in a while
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dank mode. Bong love.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• It’s kind of a sin for a dodger fan to like the Angels, but damn I kind of like this group of Angelos. Having two of the best players of our era on the same team is neat. Too bad they weren’t both in their prime together. A prime time Trout / Pujols in the 3 / 4 would have been amazing.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            It’s kind of a sin for a dodger fan to like the Angels, but damn I kind of like this group of Angelos. Having two of the best players of our era on the same team is neat. Too bad they weren’t both in their prime together. A prime time Trout / Pujols in the 3 / 4 would have been amazing.
            My hate for the angels burned out long ago. Apparently i only have enough hate left for the yankees
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It’s kind of a sin for a dodger fan to like the Angels, but damn I kind of like this group of Angelos. Having two of the best players of our era on the same team is neat. Too bad they weren’t both in their prime together. A prime time Trout / Pujols in the 3 / 4 would have been amazing.
              Add in one of the best fielders of all time, too, with Simmons.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Devour moldy beefaroni lusciousness!
                Nully hasnt posted in a while. Hope he's ok wherever he is
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Every once in a while I read something about someone so breathtakingly brave it makes me reevaluate who I am as a person. I wonder, given similar circumstances, what I would be made of.

"In February 1943 Lepa Radić was responsible for transporting the wounded in the battle of Neretva to a shelter in Grmech. During the fight against the 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen she was captured and moved to Bosanska Krupa where, after torture for several days in an attempt to extract information, was sentenced to death by hanging.

With the noose around her neck, she cried out: "Long live the Communist Party, and partisans! Fight, people, for your freedom! Do not surrender to the evildoers! I will be killed, but there are those who will avenge me!" In her last moments at the scaffold, the Germans offered to spare her life, in return for the names of the Communist Party leaders and members in the shelter, but she refused their offer with the words: "I am not a traitor of my people. Those whom you are asking about will reveal themselves when they have succeeded in wiping out all you evildoers, to the last man."[4] Lepa Radić was only 17 years old when she was publicly executed."

What a hero. Amazing that a 17 year old did this. I feel pretty confident that even if I somehow now possess that kind of bravery, I certainly did not when I was 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    so Gausman didn't give up 12 hits ? Hope Dallas has success in Atlanta.
                    he's infected Soroka. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhj!!!!!!
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Every once in a while I read something about someone so breathtakingly brave it makes me reevaluate who I am as a person. I wonder, given similar circumstances, what I would be made of.

"In February 1943 Lepa Radić was responsible for transporting the wounded in the battle of Neretva to a shelter in Grmech. During the fight against the 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen she was captured and moved to Bosanska Krupa where, after torture for several days in an attempt to extract information, was sentenced to death by hanging.

With the noose around her neck, she cried out: "Long live the Communist Party, and partisans! Fight, people, for your freedom! Do not surrender to the evildoers! I will be killed, but there are those who will avenge me!" In her last moments at the scaffold, the Germans offered to spare her life, in return for the names of the Communist Party leaders and members in the shelter, but she refused their offer with the words: "I am not a traitor of my people. Those whom you are asking about will reveal themselves when they have succeeded in wiping out all you evildoers, to the last man."[4] Lepa Radić was only 17 years old when she was publicly executed."

What a hero. Amazing that a 17 year old did this. I feel pretty confident that even if I somehow now possess that kind of bravery, I certainly did not when I was 17.
                      Humans are capable of amazing stuff.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• All that's happening in the migrant detention centers is breaking my heart, and I don't know what to do to stop it. Do the people who run these facilities just have black, shriveled hearts? How can you treat other people like animals and go home and sleep at night? Especially children.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

All that's happening in the migrant detention centers is breaking my heart, and I don't know what to do to stop it. Do the people who run these facilities just have black, shriveled hearts? How can you treat other people like animals and go home and sleep at night? Especially children.
                          The Trump Administration just opened a detention center for kids separated from their parents in the same place where Japanese were interned during WWII.

Comment

• At the forefront of the fight against this horrific practice is the ACLU - in particular, the Immigrants Rights Project. Also the National Immigrant Justice Center. Locally around here there are a variety of legal / lawyer outfits staffed by a bunch of my friends and colleagues, including an amazing group called the Santa Fe Dreamers Project. It's perhaps not the direct involvement you might want but they're all charitable outfits that accept tax-deductible donations. Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

• My memes aren't bringing Johnny back.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

At the forefront of the fight against this horrific practice is the ACLU - in particular, the Immigrants Rights Project. Also the National Immigrant Justice Center. Locally around here there are a variety of legal / lawyer outfits staffed by a bunch of my friends and colleagues, including an amazing group called the Santa Fe Dreamers Project. It's perhaps not the direct involvement you might want but they're all charitable outfits that accept tax-deductible donations. Hope that helps a bit.
                                Yeah, I have given some to the ACLU and also to a local Houston group who works with immigrants.

Maybe I have to trust, as MLK said, that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. I just hate that all my politicians in Texas, whether my US senators (Cornyn and Cruz) or my US rep (Crenshaw), or my governor (Abbott) or my state representatives--they are all such dyed-in-the-wool conservatives, and that's what my district/state wants, and they know that I'm never going to be able to vote them out. So they can be awful to immigrants and it gets them votes and they don't have a conscience about it.

And I don't know how to take effective direct action.

I don't think it helps for me to try to use Twitter/Facebook/etc to alienate all my conservative family and friends by crusading on there. There are times and places where I think that's helpful. I have a gay cousin who is out and another cousin who I think is gay but in the closet, and I've written some things on Facebook about my thoughts and feelings about treating gay people like valued people. I knew that might alienate some of my family but I thought they needed to hear it, and Facebook might not have been ideal for that, but I wasn't going to have a different platform to say that to most of them. But for issues where it is just going to turn into a political fight and I don't think anyone will listen, I don't think those platforms are great for persuading people to change their minds.

Comment

Working...
                                X