No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So aside from jason collette's face, and 1Js politics, the thought that is most disturbing me today is seeing an old post by CJ and being reminded that Feral told me that he has never seen the movie Airplane. WTF? That's some podperson shit right there, right? I mean what dude who was supposedly a teenager in the early 80s never saw Airplane?!? I should have checked to see if he ever saw Caddyshack.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      So aside from jason collette's face, and 1Js politics, the thought that is most disturbing me today is seeing an old post by CJ and being reminded that Feral told me that he has never seen the movie Airplane. WTF? That's some podperson shit right there, right? I mean what dude who was supposedly a teenager in the early 80s never saw Airplane?!? I should have checked to see if he ever saw Caddyshack.
      Caddywhat ? I should make a list of movies I've never seen. All you movie lovers would be appalled
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Caddywhat ? I should make a list of movies I've never seen. All you movie lovers would be appalled
        Also would be appalled at the stupid movies I watched too many times !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Seltzer al Carbon
          Calgon Spritzer
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Damn, sorry Ken, that's awful. I hope she feel better soon!

Originally posted by bene futuis
            The US tariffs on China have been paid almost entirely by US importers: IMF study

So much winning! In your face, nose!
            I feel like I was the only one here who foresaw this Trade War as the epic disaster it's now becoming. It's very simple -- if goods are taxed at 25% when entering the country and paid by the importer, then three things could happen:
            - the importing company eats some or all of the cost, and it affects their bottom line
            - the importing company eats some or all of the cost, and to make up for it, lays off workers
            - the importing company passes along that cost to the consumer, which drives up prices

But noooo, said onejay/nots/bernie/cardboardbox/chancellor etc., our economy is doing great, so you're wrong! And then I claimed that the disaster would be regionalized, and that's exactly what's happened.

What's worse is that El Dummo (that's what my mom calls him) is perpetuating this grandiose lie that China is paying these tariffs. That right there is an impeachable offense, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Damn, sorry Ken, that's awful. I hope she feel better soon!
              Going home from the hospital today, yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Woot!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Damn, sorry Ken, that's awful. I hope she feel better soon!

I feel like I was the only one here who foresaw this Trade War as the epic disaster it's now becoming. It's very simple -- if goods are taxed at 25% when entering the country and paid by the importer, then three things could happen:
                  - the importing company eats some or all of the cost, and it affects their bottom line
                  - the importing company eats some or all of the cost, and to make up for it, lays off workers
                  - the importing company passes along that cost to the consumer, which drives up prices

But noooo, said onejay/nots/bernie/cardboardbox/chancellor etc., our economy is doing great, so you're wrong! And then I claimed that the disaster would be regionalized, and that's exactly what's happened.

What's worse is that El Dummo (that's what my mom calls him) is perpetuating this grandiose lie that China is paying these tariffs. That right there is an impeachable offense, IMO.
                  Benedict Donald just purged the Agriculture Department’s Economic Research Service. Gee, I wonder why he'd do such a thing? Perhaps because that's the group that would track the impact of tariffs, climate change, and taxes on rural America.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Really great news. Super glad to hear it!
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I've been looking at a hitter video ahead of the draft, and I think I just saw the worst swing I've seen by someone engaged in or hoping to be engaged in hitting a baseball as a profession since Todd Frazier's awkward swing against Verlander in the 2017 ALCS.

Guy was way out on his front foot...against a fastball that beat him deep. Oooops.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I just defended 1J in the SB. But then I decided to delete it.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I just defended 1J in the SB. But then I decided to delete it.
                          I am intrigued....go on
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Tell me more...I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              I've been looking at a hitter video ahead of the draft, and I think I just saw the worst swing I've seen by someone engaged in or hoping to be engaged in hitting a baseball as a profession since Todd Frazier's awkward swing against Verlander in the 2017 ALCS.

Guy was way out on his front foot...against a fastball that beat him deep. Oooops.
                              Was this a typical swing for him or did he just get crossed up

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Tell me more....I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
                                fixed
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X