Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Speaking of...

So I've been driving my 2005 Prius for 15 years now. It's been to Maine, Florida, Texas, and all the way out here to Cali. It had 205k miles on it, but the replacement battery I put in it 4 years ago was dying, and I was putting a quart of oil in it every 2 weeks. So it was time.
    I use to be into cars when I was a kid, but now, I really have zero interest in having a car payment ever again, so I didn't want something new. RJEL girl wanted a new car for a while, so I told her I would buy her pristine (she takes care of her cars much better than I) 2010 prius with only 80k miles off her and she could get something new. She got some quotes for it and I offered her 7k for it which was fair. She went out and bought a 2020 Rav-4 hybrid for like 45k! whatever, she's happy. Its got a radio you can rewind! I've never heard of such a thing! Anyway, we were looking into transferring her title to me, but regardless of how much we listed the sale as, they were going to charge us market sales tax for the thing! Seemed ridiculous for us to pay $600 to transfer the car from one side of the garage to the other, so, long story short, I'm getting married tomorrow at 3pm.
    Awesome! Congrats!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      So what's the deal with Daryl Morey going to the Sixers? Is Tilman Fertitta just that awful to work for?
      The egaming world sure hated his guts. Clutch Gaming couldn't get away from him fast enough.

Comment

Speaking of...

So I've been driving my 2005 Prius for 15 years now. It's been to Maine, Florida, Texas, and all the way out here to Cali. It had 205k miles on it, but the replacement battery I put in it 4 years ago was dying, and I was putting a quart of oil in it every 2 weeks. So it was time.
        I use to be into cars when I was a kid, but now, I really have zero interest in having a car payment ever again, so I didn't want something new. RJEL girl wanted a new car for a while, so I told her I would buy her pristine (she takes care of her cars much better than I) 2010 prius with only 80k miles off her and she could get something new. She got some quotes for it and I offered her 7k for it which was fair. She went out and bought a 2020 Rav-4 hybrid for like 45k! whatever, she's happy. Its got a radio you can rewind! I've never heard of such a thing! Anyway, we were looking into transferring her title to me, but regardless of how much we listed the sale as, they were going to charge us market sales tax for the thing! Seemed ridiculous for us to pay $600 to transfer the car from one side of the garage to the other, so, long story short, I'm getting married tomorrow at 3pm.
        That’s going to cost you more then 600$

Congrats

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          That’s going to cost you more then 600$

Congrats
          ha.

we keep finances pretty split (e.g. I'm giving her 7k for her car), I mean, we don't split dinner checks or anything, but we have our own accounts, split the bills and each pay the mortgage every other month.

I've told my SIL that Jen and I work because we are both supportively independent. I think we are both a little freaked out by being titled as Married, but it sorts out so much legally.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I've told my SIL that Jen and I work because we are both supportively independent. I think we are both a little freaked out by being titled as Married, but it sorts out so much legally.
            "supportively independent"....that's a great term.

Comment

Speaking of...

Ok, officially on the honeymoon now. We better not see any shit posts for a few days
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Speaking of...

Congrats!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I am loving my covid hair. It is quite a spectacle, lol. Anyone else gone without a haircut since february?
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Ok, officially on the honeymoon now. We better not see any shit posts for a few days
                    ha... back working this morning. woo-hoo!

Comment

I am loving my covid hair. It is quite a spectacle, lol. Anyone else gone without a haircut since february?
                      I got my own set of clippers pretty early on and have been doing my own with a 1.5 setting. Last time I did them I noticed I missed a spot and tried to touch it up. Then I realized I had forgotten to put the 1.5 guard back on, so I had to shave it all without a guard. It was very short.

Comment

I am loving my covid hair. It is quite a spectacle, lol. Anyone else gone without a haircut since february?
                        I think my last cut was in January. I wore my hair long for many years but not since 2009. I can just put in back in a ponytail. My girls hate it. They also hate my Seth Bullock stash.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Your annual reminder that half of the rumors you hear about free agents are completely baseless.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Speaking of...

LOL, congrats! Honestly, there's no better reason to get married than because a title transfer costs way too much.

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                LOL, congrats! Honestly, there's no better reason to get married than because a title transfer costs way too much.
                                God only knows our reasons were more scientific then that.

Did I mention I was a bitter divorced man...who lost a little more then 600$ in that song and dance������������

Comment

Working...
                                X