No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. Even though I think Bush was a worse President, what Obama has done in this realm is unforgivable. I will not vote for anyone in 2016 who does not explicitly condemn these practices and come up with a specific plan to dismantle these programs.

Of course, I'm probably just fucked. There's no way that the powers that be will cede this kind of weapon. Perhaps the smartest way to vote on this is to elect local Representatives and Senators like Mark Udall or Bernie Sanders who are clearly against this stuff and hope that momentum will build in either or both houses to stop these practices. Of course, I have a sinking feeling that this won't happen, either. It's probable that this particular chicken has already flown the coop, never to return.

So depressing and bad.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Agreed. Even though I think Bush was a worse President, what Obama has done in this realm is unforgivable. I will not vote for anyone in 2016 who does not explicitly condemn these practices and come up with a specific plan to dismantle these programs.

Of course, I'm probably just fucked. There's no way that the powers that be will cede this kind of weapon. Perhaps the smartest way to vote on this is to elect local Representatives and Senators like Mark Udall or Bernie Sanders who are clearly against this stuff and hope that momentum will build in either or both houses to stop these practices. Of course, I have a sinking feeling that this won't happen, either. It's probable that this particular chicken has already flown the coop, never to return.

So depressing and bad.
      Damn, that Edward Snowden, so glad his plot to destroy America failed
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I actually found the old Snowden/Verizon thread really interesting in hindsight. So many different angles and perspectives to view it thru
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I actually found the old Snowden/Verizon thread really interesting in hindsight. So many different angles and perspectives to view it thru
          I think surveillance will be pretty horrible moving forward, but perhaps not as bad as facebook/comcast//twitter/us gov etc controlling the information that we see. Tinfoil hat time, lol. I find it interesting and horrifying at the same time
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Me, i plan to hide out in my beer cave
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Say it isn't so! Phillies caught using technology to steal signs!
              https://sports.yahoo.com/shocking-hi...053859138.html
              JJ is plagiarizing you dude
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

JJ is plagiarizing you dude
                I thought that was Gregg's deal
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Ugh, no more bumping old threads!
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Ugh, no more bumping old threads!
                    Ha ha. Glad u appreciated that. I browsed it and did find it quite fascinating. I think it was mostly naive comments, overwhelmed by even more naive comments. We really had no idea what was coming
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• To be fair, I did vote for Sanders in 16. Then I made by far the easiest vote of my life for HRC.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

To be fair, I did vote for Sanders in 16. Then I made by far the easiest vote of my life for HRC.
                        Lol, i didnt mean to single u out. Not even sure what i wasnlooking for when i found that
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• But my disrespectful responses were hard to read. I guess it was good to have taken a break. Trying to express myself in a more respectful manner, although not always successfully. I feel like I should apologize to a couple old school posters. Except that stupid racist piece of shit roto rooter. Megafuck that fucking clown.

Comment

To be fair, I did vote for Sanders in 16. Then I made by far the easiest vote of my life for HRC.
                            If u guys bumped my old stuff from before the new site would. Be far, far worse
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

But my disrespectful responses were hard to read. I guess it was good to have taken a break. Trying to express myself in a more respectful manner, although not always successfully. I feel like I should apologize to a couple old school posters. Except that stupid racist piece of shit roto rooter. Megafuck that fucking clown.
                              I still.struggle with respectful responses. Had a few PMs with Gregg, lol
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Other than the, err, uncalled for vitriol that was a pretty fascinating thread to read. It’s crazy that everything is so far gone that we have just absorbed the surveillance state into what’s normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X