Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's click-bait headline...

The 15 Weirdest Foods Ever Available in a Can
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Was it the VD community that introduced me to that guy that had a blog where he wrote about weird/disgusting packaged/canned foods that he ate?

Anyone else remember that?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Was it the VD community that introduced me to that guy that had a blog where he wrote about weird/disgusting packaged/canned foods that he ate?

Anyone else remember that?
        I think that was the greater board. Someone posted it when Nully was threatening to eat out of date beefaroni.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I think that was the greater board. Someone posted it when Nully was threatening to eat out of date beefaroni.
          Ah yes, right you are.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I think that was the greater board.
            WTF?? This is the greatest board. There is none greater.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Cheesy.

Comment

• Wow, I found out that a college roommate died today from COVID. He had it three months ago and thought he had recovered but suddenly took a turn for the worse.

Comment

Wow, I found out that a college roommate died today from COVID. He had it three months ago and thought he had recovered but suddenly took a turn for the worse.
                    That is awful, so sorry to hear that.
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      That is awful, so sorry to hear that.
                      Thanks. It was pretty shocking. I kept up with him for quite a while after college but lost touch in the last few years. Then today his sister posted on Facebook that he had died. I hadn't even known he was sick. I guess he had been in pretty bad shape in July and had been in the hospital for a while, but he had been released and thought he was on the way to recovery and then things went back downhill quickly.

He's the first person my age that I know personally who has died from COVID. I know a couple other people in their 70s who died from it, but he was in 40s. As far as I know, he was in good health, too, doing extensive hiking and climbing just a few years back when we were still in touch, not a smoker, not overweight, etc.

In addition to being a shock to lose a friend, it's sobering to lose someone my own age.

Comment

that's about 60 more posts than I thought I had in there.
                        Do you actually keep a rudimentary tally in your head?

I'm surprised B-Fly still has a strong post total considering he's been MIA for awhile now.

Comment

Thanks. It was pretty shocking. I kept up with him for quite a while after college but lost touch in the last few years. Then today his sister posted on Facebook that he had died. I hadn't even known he was sick. I guess he had been in pretty bad shape in July and had been in the hospital for a while, but he had been released and thought he was on the way to recovery and then things went back downhill quickly.

He's the first person my age that I know personally who has died from COVID. I know a couple other people in their 70s who died from it, but he was in 40s. As far as I know, he was in good health, too, doing extensive hiking and climbing just a few years back when we were still in touch, not a smoker, not overweight, etc.

In addition to being a shock to lose a friend, it's sobering to lose someone my own age.
                          Condolences, that's awful.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Condolences, that's awful.
                            Thank you.

Comment

• Just saw another hurricane that looks like it's on a direct path for New Orleans... realized yet again that we haven't seen CB since 9/1. Kinda concerned there.

Comment

• New Orleans metro has not been hit hard by the Gulf hurricanes so far. This one seems like it's headed closer but hopefully may be down to tropical storm strength at landfall and moving through quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X