Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Hmmm....
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I'm guessing that the girl with the hands in that video is also the one who made the word cutouts. Just a hunch.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• heye, I'm curious how you view the Phillies season so far. Does it feel like good progress to be on track to win around 90 games and probably a wild card spot after a few 80-82 win seasons? Or is the fanbase wanting more? It's definitely a better team this year than in past seasons, even with Harper on the shelf for so much of it.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          heye, I'm curious how you view the Phillies season so far. Does it feel like good progress to be on track to win around 90 games and probably a wild card spot after a few 80-82 win seasons? Or is the fanbase wanting more? It's definitely a better team this year than in past seasons, even with Harper on the shelf for so much of it.
          I'm enjoying it. I don't feel like they are really under-performing and there are a ton of positive steps. Bohn looks like a player now, Stott since he's changed his approach is hitting well over the last couple of weeks, I never expected Ranger to be the pitcher he was last year, but he hasn't regressed to a place worse than decent. Schwarber fits the city well, I expect better out of Castellanos next year after a year here. The new manager brought life and fun back to the team and is willing to play kids. The bull-pen had turned into a positive for the team after being dreadful for the first half, and before this latest rash of injuries. Painter and Abel have both progressed into top 50 prospects and look like they could even contribute next year.

If they collapse and miss the playoffs, I think the whole story would change, but making the playoffs and not playing like shit in their games, I'd call that a positive season.

Then again, that's me, far removed from the negadelphia sports radio scene.

Comment

• Ah, and Harper has to be the most Philly guy ever made. He may eclipse Utley even. Tonight he beat out a hustle double while on a AAA rehab assignment.

Comment

Ah, and Harper has to be the most Philly guy ever made. He may eclipse Utley even. Tonight he beat out a hustle double while on a AAA rehab assignment.
              Seeing Harper up close for four years now has given me a much greater appreciation for him. I actually have a lot more respect for him now than I did when I was (nearly) part of trading for him.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'm enjoying it. I don't feel like they are really under-performing and there are a ton of positive steps. Bohn looks like a player now, Stott since he's changed his approach is hitting well over the last couple of weeks, I never expected Ranger to be the pitcher he was last year, but he hasn't regressed to a place worse than decent. Schwarber fits the city well, I expect better out of Castellanos next year after a year here. The new manager brought life and fun back to the team and is willing to play kids. The bull-pen had turned into a positive for the team after being dreadful for the first half, and before this latest rash of injuries. Painter and Abel have both progressed into top 50 prospects and look like they could even contribute next year.

If they collapse and miss the playoffs, I think the whole story would change, but making the playoffs and not playing like shit in their games, I'd call that a positive season.

Then again, that's me, far removed from the negadelphia sports radio scene.
                The division has been more fun this year with three teams really going for it, as opposed to last year where everyone was trying to see if they could give it away.

Comment

Seeing Harper up close for four years now has given me a much greater appreciation for him. I actually have a lot more respect for him now than I did when I was (nearly) part of trading for him.
                  he went 3/5 last night with a walk-off double. Team mobbed him. Last night he had 2 HRs. Ironpigs and their fans must be having a blast getting to see him up close for a couple of games.

I saw him when he was in low-a for the nationals. He struck out his first time up and the phillies team had made him the "strikeout player of the game" for some promotion. He came up the second time and they reminded everyone what they get every time he strikes out. He crushed the first pitch far out of the park in dead center.

Comment

• Click-bait headline of the day: "Braves prove they are playing 4-D chess by bringing back familiar face."

Comment

• At least 5-D chess

Comment

At least 5-D chess
                        Let the sunshine in!

Comment

• Clickbait headline of the day (on my Edge homepage)
                          Who are the most consistent fantasy RBs? Find potential sleepers, busts in 2022

Consistent? That sounds familiar...
                          Sure enough: Bob Lung - 11h ago

Comment

• Gris writes for the Sporting News now? Wow....nice.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Does McCullers big league appearance tonight do anything for you, Feral ?
                              no, I had to trade him. But I did go to a MLB game for the first time since I saw McCullers last year. Beautiful day, took a bad picture of Munoz which isn't worth posting, no good coil or anything. Another Mariners win, woot !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dinosaurs = massive bird-lizards?

Comment

Working...
                                X