Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    missed this... ha!
    spent a month in Europe this summer, from my experience Coop and SPAR were better than Aldi. Just one Slasher's opinion
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Was thinking of streaming Civ 6 again, with the new DLC coming out soon. But I always end up disappointed. It's so slow and ponderous. I wish they'd just finish with the game and let the modding community build a proper game out of it.

Civ 6 had a lot of good ideas, but the implementation is sketchy, and the gameplay experience is terribly lacking. The AI sucks. Warfare is terrible after the early game.

Just finish with the game so we can fix your shit Firaxsis.
      I've tried to find some game that would hold my interest while I've been out of work, but I haven't found anything yet...

Diablo III - Really no story to speak of... just lootz but that's no fun solo really.
      State of Decay II - Little Story to speak of, hard to get invested, they added a bunch of cutsie shit (half the characters you find that you can add to your colony are furries) that destroys the grim mood of the original
      Fallout 76 - Enough said
      Sims 4 - Entertaining for about 2 generations then redundant
      Civ IV - Too much going on? Whenever I run out of land to expand into, I just want to start a new game.
      Just D/Led Witcher 2 the other night and started playing. It's not bad, but pales to Witcher 3
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I've tried to find some game that would hold my interest while I've been out of work, but I haven't found anything yet...

Diablo III - Really no story to speak of... just lootz but that's no fun solo really.
        State of Decay II - Little Story to speak of, hard to get invested, they added a bunch of cutsie shit (half the characters you find that you can add to your colony are furries) that destroys the grim mood of the original
        Fallout 76 - Enough said
        Sims 4 - Entertaining for about 2 generations then redundant
        Civ IV - Too much going on? Whenever I run out of land to expand into, I just want to start a new game.
        Just D/Led Witcher 2 the other night and started playing. It's not bad, but pales to Witcher 3
        Divinity Original Sin 2 is unbelievably great, especially if you want to sink some serious time into it.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Divinity Original Sin 2 is unbelievably great, especially if you want to sink some serious time into it.
          Decent solo?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Decent solo?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Decent solo?
              I think it's single player only. It's a real time, open world game that switches to turn-based when in combat. it's like the original Fallout games before Bethesda remade them --- so like Fallout and Fallout 2, but not like Fallout 3 or 4 or New Vegas. It's fantasy, so casting fireballs and shit and wielding two handed swords and whatnot. I'm almost at the end and like it so much that I'm trying to finish all the little side quests so I don't have to be done.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Comment

Comment

I think it's single player only. It's a real time, open world game that switches to turn-based when in combat. it's like the original Fallout games before Bethesda remade them --- so like Fallout and Fallout 2, but not like Fallout 3 or 4 or New Vegas. It's fantasy, so casting fireballs and shit and wielding two handed swords and whatnot. I'm almost at the end and like it so much that I'm trying to finish all the little side quests so I don't have to be done.
                    Mods please move to teenage gamer forum, TIA
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have this, but only put about 5/6 hours into it as yet.

Comment

Like 90% of Civ players

Been trying to give Civ 6 more of a chance lately. The upcoming DLC looks interesting, and "online" pace might make it worth playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I have this, but only put about 5/6 hours into it as yet.
                          I haven't done any games since about 15 years ago when I was watching my 3 and 5 year old girls for the weekend and I stayed up until 5 am playing some Dawn of Empires or something like that. Saturday morning was really rough.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 12 "people" viewing. Google's bots are trying real hard to figure out WTF is going on here!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              btw, not that I think it's worth changing (though if we do I demand a recount for VD12), but bbref now has Radbourn with 60 wins in 1884, not 59.
                              This brings up a good point. Probably wont matter TOO much, but what is our definitive source of data? Is it the spreadsheet? Is it bbref? Is it case by case?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I haven't done any games since about 15 years ago when I was watching my 3 and 5 year old girls for the weekend and I stayed up until 5 am playing some Dawn of Empires or something like that. Saturday morning was really rough.
                                Maybe it's time ...

Comment

Working...
                                X