No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, everyone knows the cantina band song from Star Wars. But did you remember that there was actually a second cantina band song?

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Fried chicken !!! Fried chicken !! Dip me in batter !! Fry me !! Winner winner chicken dinner. Deep.fry !! Fried chicken. Batter fried chicken !! Fried chicken !! Max fried chicken !!!
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Of course the slogan should be...

Gillette: Decorticating best mankind's lineaments
        DBML?!?

No supper for you!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Fried chicken !!! Fried chicken !! Dip me in batter !! Fry me !! Winner winner chicken dinner. Deep.fry !! Fried chicken. Batter fried chicken !! Fried chicken !! Max fried chicken !!!
          Mmm I'm hungry.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Mmm I'm hungry.
            Gov. Sanders and her original recipe for a thread melt down.

Comment

• Another round of sanders fried chicken please !!
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                DBML?!?

No supper for you!
                It's the Diamond Baseball Mind...

oh, dammit.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Hey Ed,

What are the broad strokes for transferring retirement money out of a former company plan and into an existing brokerage retirement account? I've got money at PwC that they are going to start charging me for administering soon, and I want to move it to a Morgan Stanley account that I have.

Not asking for great detail, I know this is your job, so I don't want too much free advice. I feel like I ask PwC for a check, and then deposit it in MS, but I want to make sure I don't mistakenly take a disbursement and owe taxes on it. Who should I contact first?
                  Last edited by heyelander; 06-20-2019, 03:18 PM.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    It's the Diamond Baseball Mind...

oh, dammit.
                    I don't get this sim league at all. I've had some really nice teams the last few years that had all severely under-performed. This year I had my worst team ever. We keep 14, and I had maybe 10 at the most that would have been kept by other teams. My last 2 guys were people DMT told me, "I guess I'd keep them just to see if they rebound and are worth something next year (not likely with Odubal, asshole or Dozier, scrub). Then I go into the draft and pretty much butcher that as well. My Dodger dislike keeps me from drafting Muncy in the first round when I need a 3B. I don't even realize I need a 3B because I'm keeping Donaldson but don't realize he doesn't have the necessary ABs last year to qualify to play this year. My second round pick as a 4 round reach because I wasn't paying attention for a moment and spazzed and took the first guy on my list that was highlighted for potential interest at some point in the draft. I don't realize the 3B issue until maybe round 8. My pitching staff is all a bunch of 4/5 guys except Otani, who barely meets the requirements for the season. At some point I just started drafting for next year.

I'm leading my division and have the third best record (right behind dmt) in the 16 team league.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Hey Ed,

What are the broad strokes for transferring retirement money out of a former company plan and into an existing brokerage retirement account? I've got money at PwC that they are going to start charging me for administering soon, and I want to move it to a Morgan Stanley account that I have.

Not asking for great detail, I know this is your job, so I don't want too much free advice. I feel like I ask PwC for a check, and then deposit it in MS, but I want to make sure I don't mistakenly take a disbursement and owe taxes on it. Who should I contact first?
                      Open up an IRA account if you don’t already have one, and then contact PWC’s plan administrator (PWC is big enough that they will have one in the HR dept) to get the proper forms from them. They will then either send the money directly to your new IRA rollover account, or send you a check directly that has to be deposited in your IRA within 60 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Open up an IRA account if you don’t already have one, and then contact PWC’s plan administrator (PWC is big enough that they will have one in the HR dept) to get the proper forms from them. They will then either send the money directly to your new IRA rollover account, or send you a check directly that has to be deposited in your IRA within 60 days.
                        Cool. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Hey Ed,

Do maintain beneficiary listings.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Dangerous mortgage back loading

Comment

• Double monetary benefit linkage

Comment

• Okay. Just had to exercise my DMBL muscles. They were getting a bit rusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X