*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Finally played a game past 1860. My greek battleships brought the ottomans to their knees. They should not have attacked my allies
    Here's the mode I like the most - go to advanced setup and: Medium or Small Map Size (6 or 8 opponents), legendary start on the resources, Pangea map, disable time victory, quick battle. Actually I like starting on the medium / 8 opponent maps but then deleting two of the opponents so I'm up against 6 other civs in a huge open country.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The town where I went to high school now has more than 5% of its residents testing positive for COVID.

At the end of March, they were featured by Reuters as an example of rural areas with no cases and proudly no plans to shut anything down.

Only four deaths so far, but cases are doubling every week, so I don't know how long that will last.
      Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 05-18-2020, 10:53 PM.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        The town where I went to high school now has more than 5% of its residents testing positive for COVID.

At the end of March, they were featured by Reuters as an example of rural areas with no cases and proudly no plans to shut anything down.

Only four deaths so far, but cases are doubling every week, so I don't know how long that will last.
        Sorry to hear that. I hope they are adjusting their behavior and get things under control.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Heyelander- you’re the best, dude! Thanks so much!!!
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            The town where I went to high school now has more than 5% of its residents testing positive for COVID.

Yikes. I get a feeling there are going to be lots of these reap what you have sown stories out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Heyelander- you’re the best, dude! Thanks so much!!!
              no problem mate... she did say all the material she had left had the Phillies logo all over it. Hope that's okay.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• King County directed everyone to wear masks in public. No penalties apparently. Went to Trader Joes and they asked everyone to wear masks. I saw about 60 people and everyone had a mask. Glad to see people making good choices.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  King County directed everyone to wear masks in public. No penalties apparently. Went to Trader Joes and they asked everyone to wear masks. I saw about 60 people and everyone had a mask. Glad to see people making good choices.
                  food store I was at last night was about 80/20 masked. I saw a bunch of block parties going on this weekend while I was out delivering. Also, wine bars and restaurants were open. The bars looked packed. Restaurants were a bit more reasonable... every other table blocked off.

Comment

• Libertarian philosophy:

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      no problem mate... she did say all the material she had left had the Phillies logo all over it. Hope that's okay.
                      No problem at all. Your mother is incredible!

Comment

No problem at all. Your mother is incredible!
                        hmm... now I want to go buy her new material so this is true.

Comment

Libertarian philosophy:

And i refuse to answer anything at all during a pandemic because nothing i believe makes sense anymore
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Civ v was a stellar recommendation. Lots of fun for 20 bucks.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So I can at least temporarily post again.
                              Change my style to "revo" & it allowed me to post, then I lost it.
                              Re-changed my style to default mobile, and here's this.
                              Hopefully it will stick
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• If you're using a mobile device, always use the Mobile setting. That Revo guy, he can't be trusted!

Comment

Working...
                                X