*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    The forum is acting all weird. I get logged off about every five minutes or so for no apparent reason. I just received an email notification a couple minutes ago for a PM that Frae sent me two days ago.
    Are you checking the "stay logged in" box? I had a similar issue (see the baseball forum)

Comment

• I just got the email notification from Johnny from the PM that said that it's my turn to pick my draft slot.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        I just got the email notification from Johnny from the PM that said that it's my turn to pick my draft slot.
        Well? We're waiting.

Comment

The forum is acting all weird. I get logged off about every five minutes or so for no apparent reason. I just received an email notification a couple minutes ago for a PM that Frae sent me two days ago.
          That's bizarre. I know MJ had issues with the forum moving hosts, but besides the post view counts not being updated, I haven't heard any other issues. Lemme check about staying logged in.

I changed the "seconds to be inactive" from 900 (and that wasn't a setting I did, it must have changed with the switch) to 15,000.

Comment

• Sorry, you got to me early after a late night of binging Bodyguard. Looking now
            Last edited by heyelander; 01-11-2019, 03:52 PM.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
              Or that he is a Douche bag and the site knows his true identity!
              I think this must be it because it's happening to me too.

Comment

• okay, well now I have SS and MI locked down...

Comment

It was probably smart of Revo and the other RJ slavemasters to preclude me from private messages. I'm like a one man virus, spreading my slime throughout the community.
                  Ever since you sent me the PM the forum is acting all weird. I get logged off about every five minutes or so for no apparent reason. I just received an email notification a couple minutes ago for a PM that Frae sent me two days ago. You truly are a virus.

Actually just wanted to chime in and say I get kicked out and have to log in multiple times to try to post.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Ever since you sent me the PM the forum is acting all weird. I get logged off about every five minutes or so for no apparent reason. I just received an email notification a couple minutes ago for a PM that Frae sent me two days ago. You truly are a virus.

Actually just wanted to chime in and say I get kicked out and have to log in multiple times to try to post.
                    The NSA is just taking a long time to read his associates' emails and PMs... government shutdown and all...

Comment

• I'm curious, should I have used Pete Alexander's 1920 year rather than 1915.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I'm curious, should I have used Pete Alexander's 1920 year rather than 1915.
                        It's really close, I'm still updating valuations. Same question I had with Ed Walsh 08 vs 1910. Close enough that I think there isn't a real clear answer. Or if there is the advantage for one year vs the other is small
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          It's really close, I'm still updating valuations. Same question I had with Ed Walsh 08 vs 1910. Close enough that I think there isn't a real clear answer. Or if there is the advantage for one year vs the other is small
                          I have you making the right choice by a pretty good margin by picking 1908.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I'm curious, should I have used Pete Alexander's 1920 year rather than 1915.
                            I have 1915 ahead by a decent margin.

I have Walsh's 1908 ahead of 1910 but that one a closer decision. I'm not sure I'm doing it right determining the optimal decade.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Agreed that 1908 is the best best year by a good margin. I also think that despite the temptation of using Alexander's 1920 year, you picked the right one. His real BY is just too damn good to pass up, imo, and is so far superior to 1920 that it's the right pick.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'm using TensorFlow for the first time today to build a neural network. Yay, me! I almost feel like a real data scientist.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X