No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronald Reagan didn't need to add "racist" to his ignominious record as worst pre-Trump President of my lifetime, but he up and did it anyway.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Barack Obama's true legacy is getting all the candidates to preface every statement with "let me be clear".
        wasn't digging Bernie's consistent use of "I'm the least .... person here" or "I'm the most .... person here" during the campaign, it's bullshit, and it reminds me too much of someone else.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          wasn't digging Bernie's consistent use of "I'm the least .... person here" or "I'm the most .... person here" during the campaign, it's bullshit, and it reminds me too much of someone else.

I'm the most easy-going guy out there, and it bothers me too. A lot.

Heh Heh, not even sure what you are talking about. Except I think I know who it reminds you of.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw passes Sandy Koufax for 3rd all time on the Dodger strikeout leader board tonight on an uncharacteristic 5 walk night.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Phillies game is chaos.

15th inning now. Roman Quinn has pitched and Vince Velasquez who was playing left field just bailed him out by throwing someone out at home.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The Angry Librarian is back with a vengeance.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dastardly McDonald's bumbershoot larceny in the Hot Button topics, for those who have missed nullnor's return.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• You can put water in a paper cup and boil it over an open flame. Mind. Blown.

Comment

You can put water in a paper cup and boil it over an open flame. Mind. Blown.
                      I did that before there was an internet. Try to keep up
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• When it first opened, Harvard did not teach calculus. That was because calculus had not yet been discovered.

Comment

• OK, how about this one:

Light always moves at the speed of light, regardless of the observer. To wit: if you're driving 50 mph and someone passes you doing 100 mph, they're only moving away from you at 50 mph. Not light, though. If you are going half the speed of light and you turn on a flashlight, the light moves away from you at the speed of light. If you are going 99.999999999999% the speed of light, light still appears to move away at the speed of light.

Edit: But if I understand it correctly, and I probably don't, if a third party was watching me go 99.999999999999% the speed of light and someone else going the full speed of light, we would appear to be moving nearly the same speed. From my perspective, though, it's as if I am standing still and the someone else is going full light speed away from me.
                          Last edited by Bene Futuis; 08-05-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

When it first opened, Harvard did not teach calculus. That was because calculus had not yet been discovered.
                            I did calculus before there was a Harvard. Try to keep up.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

OK, how about this one:

Light always moves at the speed of light, regardless of the observer. To wit: if you're driving 50 mph and someone passes you doing 100 mph, they're only moving away from you at 50 mph. Not light, though. If you are going half the speed of light and you turn on a flashlight, the light moves away from you at the speed of light. If you are going 99.999999999999% the speed of light, light still appears to move away at the speed of light.

Edit: But if I understand it correctly, and I probably don't, if a third party was watching me go 99.999999999999% the speed of light and someone else going the full speed of light, we would appear to be moving nearly the same speed. From my perspective, though, it's as if I am standing still and the someone else is going full light speed away from me.
                              I traveled the speed of light before there was a speed of light. Try to keep up.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I vintage drafted before there was baseball. Try to keep up.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X