*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
    Next time you’re up there you should head to the east bay and check out this place:

The Pacific Pinball Museum is an interactive museum offering 90 playable pinball machines that span decades. Unlimited play with admission.

I’ve also always wanted to visit this place when I’m in Portland but never seem to have enough time:

https://groundkontrol.com
    Heye, if we get there when it opens we can play for 10 hours for 20 bucks. Actually I have only played like 5 games of pinball in the last 30 years or so. But it would be fun
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      Next time you’re up there you should head to the east bay and check out this place:

The Pacific Pinball Museum is an interactive museum offering 90 playable pinball machines that span decades. Unlimited play with admission.

I’ve also always wanted to visit this place when I’m in Portland but never seem to have enough time:

https://groundkontrol.com
      Do you go up to Portland much ? I grew up across the river in Vancouver and still have family down there, so I go every other month or so.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Pacific Pinball is great. Musee Mecanique is an interesting historical experience - they have a ton of 100-year-old arcade contraptions that are just sort of mechanical puppet shows - but the few machines they have aren't all that. If you want to play pinball in SF go to Free Gold Watch (http://pinballmap.com/bayarea/?by_location_id=2405), about 60 machines plus some video games, all in great shape. Right near Golden Gate Park.

When I was in college I was a very good pinball player but I hung out with people a lot better than me - some guys in the Bay Area who didn't travel to play competitively but were super good and also Bowen Kerins (http://www.jeffpearlman.com/the-quaz-qa-bowen-kerins/) who's won the world pinball championship a couple times when he's not busy looking like a Costanza cosplayer.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Pacific Pinball is great. Musee Mecanique is an interesting historical experience - they have a ton of 100-year-old arcade contraptions that are just sort of mechanical puppet shows - but the few machines they have aren't all that. If you want to play pinball in SF go to Free Gold Watch (http://pinballmap.com/bayarea/?by_location_id=2405), about 60 machines plus some video games, all in great shape. Right near Golden Gate Park.

When I was in college I was a very good pinball player but I hung out with people a lot better than me - some guys in the Bay Area who didn't travel to play competitively but were super good and also Bowen Kerins (http://www.jeffpearlman.com/the-quaz-qa-bowen-kerins/) who's won the world pinball championship a couple times when he's not busy looking like a Costanza cosplayer.
          I never knew that pinball had people good enough to travel and play competitvely. You guys are going to kill me if we meet up to play pinball
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• There are only a couple tournaments worth traveling for. I never did it myself.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

There are only a couple tournaments worth traveling for. I never did it myself.
              I'm travelling to SF to kick Heye's ass, I think it's worth it !
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Mandy has a more subtle sense of humor then Fresno
                I disagree
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• There used to be an Addams Family pinball machine in my old bar. That game was amazing. Also Attack From Mars.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    There used to be an Addams Family pinball machine in my old bar. That game was amazing. Also Attack From Mars.
                    I love the VD comment board, I ventured into the hot topics and all it did was piss me off. This is the good stuff.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I disagree
                      Dummy Mandy Breaks Leg
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Good times tonight. Some day soon I can tell you guys more about it.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          I'm travelling to SF to kick Heye's ass, I think it's worth it !
                          I missed that! some of those busy days I lost track of this thread. When are you coming here?

Comment

• Do Mannequins Become Life ? In another universe perhaps
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I missed that! some of those busy days I lost track of this thread. When are you coming here?
                              arrive 4/23 I think, come back Sunday 4/28 if I recall. Can you bring the lemonade ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Good times tonight. Some day soon I can tell you guys more about it.
                                Maybe over a game of pinball ? It's popular with the VD crowd
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X